Doctor of Engineering Sciences, Professor, National University of Science and Technology—MIS&S, Moscow, Russia Date of birth:
October 22, 1931 Education:
Graduated from the Leningrad Mining Institute as a specialist in Mineral Dressing and Nonferrous, Rare and Noble Metal Hydrometallurgy (1954) Academic degree and rank:
Doctor of Engineering Sciences, Professor, Honored Worker of Science and Technology of the Russian Soviet Federative Socialist Republic (1991), Academician of the International Academy of Sciences of Ecology, Safety of Man and Nature (1997) Area of research expertise:
mineral dressing, hydrometallurgy, environmental protection Professional activity:
A. Abramov was in charge of commissioning of more than 10 processing plants in the Soviet Union. He was engaged in concentration of various ore types, including complex oxidized sulfide ore of Altay and nickel–cobalt–arsenic ore of Khovu-Aksy (in the south of Eastern Siberia), using the combination of processing, hydrometallurgy and electrolysis of bimetal solutions. He headed the international project on rebellious ore processing under the auspices of the Council for Mutual Economic Assistance in the Soviet Union and in the Eastern Europe.
A. Abramov has founded and developed a new scientific school.
Registration certificates and membership:
• Regional Representative of the international journals Mineral Processing and Extractive Metallurgy Revue and International Journal of Mineral Processing;
• Editorial board member of the journals European Journal of Mineral Processing and Environment Protection, Journal of Ore Dressing and others.Publications:
A. Abramov published more than 300 scientific works, including 30 textbooks and monographs (some of the works are translated into English (in 11 countries), Spanish, Chinese, Korean and other languages). Gornaya Kniga Publishing House has issued 8 volumes of the Collected Edition by Alexander Abramov.
Awards and decorations:
• The Da Vinci Diamond for “achievements in science and technology”;
• Distinguished Service to Engineering Award;
• American Medal of Нonor;
• Gold Medal for Russia;
• The American Hall of Fame and the International Order of Merit member;
• Listed in The Cambridge University Blue Book of Foremost International Scientists and is a member of The Cambridge City Hall of Fame, Great Britain;
• Маn of the Year–2009 etc.;
• The scientific biography of A. Abramov is included in the books Outstanding Scientists of the 21st Century. Inaugural Edition, 2000 Outstanding Intellectuals of the 21st Century, Тор 100 Engineers 2007 by the International Biography Centre of Cambridge, England, and in Who is Who in Science and Engineering, Who is Who in the World and Great Minds of the 21st Century by the American Biographical Institute, through the assistance of Marquis Who is Who Publisher. Place of work:
National University of Science and Technology–MIS&S Contact details: