VALIDATION OF EFFICIENCY OF THE TARGET PRODUCTION SAFETY MANAGEMENT MODEL INTRODUCTION IN THE MINING INDUSTRY
Production safety of a mine is considered from the viewpoint of continuous upgrade of safety, reduction in the rates of accidents, industrial injuries and occupational disease, as well as minimization of environmental impact, which should be handled as the absolute priorities. This study aims to analyze causes of accidents in mining and to determine stimulation standards for encouragement of personnel to adhere to safety requirements. The statistical analysis reveals the predominant causes of accidents, including low level of safety culture, poor job engineering, disregard of labor code, nonobservance of operating manuals, lack of safe labor training, as well as severe natural climatic conditions of mining. Based on the accomplished analysis, an important conclusion has been drawn, that essential and sustainable efficiency of production safety control is achievable by aiming efforts at development of safety culture and through handling of accident sources rather than after-effects. Furthermore, it is necessary to scrutinize the root causes of accidents in order to work out adequate solutions on prevention of similar events in the future. The novelty of this study is introduction of the target model of production safety management, which eliminates the prevailing causes of industrial injuries due to human factor, as well as some other sources of trouble. This article shows that introduction of this model can ensure failure-free operation of mines, and will prevent extra expenditures connected with compensation for losses as a result of technology violation or personnel injuries at the preserved current level of production safety cost, and will enable reaching a goal objective of ‘zero’ injuries by 2023.
For citation: Umerbekov Zh. Zh., Goncharenko S. N. Validation of efficiency of the target production safety management model introduction in the mining industry. MIAB. Mining Inf. Anal. Bull. 2019;(8):225-234. [In Russ]. DOI: 10.25018/0236-1493-2019-08-0-225-234..
: Umerbekov Zh. Zh., Goncharenko S. N.
Zh.Zh. Umerbekov, Manager director for integrated security,
NAC «Kazatomprom» JSC, Z05T1D8, Nur-Sultan, Republic of Kazakhstan,
S.N. Goncharenko, Professor, e-mail: email@example.com,
National University of Science and Technology «MISiS»,
119049, Moscow, Russia,
Corresponding author: S.N. Goncharenko, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.Key words
Production safety, causes of accidents, safety motivation, ‘zero’ injury rate, conscious safety culture, target safety management model.References
1. Okhrana truda v tsifrakh i faktakh. Napravleniya sovershenstvovaniya global'noy kul'tury okhrany truda. Mezhdunarodnaya Organizatsiya Truda [Labor protection in figures and the facts. Directions improvement of global labor protection culture. International Labour Organization], Moscow, 2003, 32 p.
2. Artem'ev V. B., Lisovskiy V. V., Sal'nikov A. A., Yutyaev E. P., Ivanov Yu. M., Kravchuk Yu. L. Development production situations control — a new stage in safety increase and production efficiency. JSC SUEK. Ugol. 2016, no 12, pp. 46—50. [In Russ].
3. Barybin D. A., Abel' Yu. V. Shredding equipment industrial safety ar the mining industry. Sovremennaya nauka: aktual'nye problemy teorii i praktiki. Estestvennye i tekhnicheskie nauki. 2015, no 5—6, pp. 31—33. [In Russ].
4. Kalacheva L. V., Petrov I. V., Savon I. Yu. Industrial and environmental safety at the coalmining companies as a way to create high-jobs. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten’. 2015, no 4, pp. 276—282. [In Russ].
5. Preobrazhenskaya E. A., Sukhova A. V., Zor'kina L. A., Bondareva M. V. Hygienic assessment of working conditions and health of the workers of mining and processing enterprises. Gigiena i sanitariya. 2016. Vol. 95, no 11, pp. 1065—1070. [In Russ].
6. Kwesi Amponsah-Tawiah Justice Mensah Occupational health and safety and organizational commitment: evidence from the Ghanaian mining industry. doi: 10.1016/j.shaw.2016.02.002 pp. 225—230.
7. Yangho Kim, Jungsun Park, Mijin Park Creating a culture of prevention in occupational safety and health practice. doi: 10.1016/j.shaw.2016.02.002 pp. 89—96.
8. Yi Sun, Martin Arning, Frank Bochmann, Jutta Börger, Thomas Heitmann Development and validation of a practical instrument for injury prevention: the occupational safety and health monitoring and assessment tool (OSH-MAT). doi: 10.1016/j.shaw.2017.07.006 pp 140—143.
9. Artem'ev V. B., Galkin V. A., Makarov A. M., Kravchuk I. L., Galkin A. V. Tool for hazardous industrial event occurrence elimination. Ugol. 2016, no 5, pp. 73—77. [In Russ].
10. Goncharenko S. N., Eralin Zh. M. Models for solving key problems of strategic development of uranium mines. MIAB. Mining Inf. Anal. Bull. 2019;(4):199—208. DOI: 10.25018/0236-1493-2019-04-0-199-208. [In Russ].
10. Goncharenko A. N. Control system for machine-down time on the basis of structural-parametric analysis of industrial risks. Trud i sotsial'nye otnosheniya. 2018, no 5, pp. 132—139. [In Russ].
11. Eliseeva M. A., Malovik K. N. Improvement risk estimation. Kachestvo i zhizn'. 2016, no 1, pp. 74—76. [In Russ].
12. Temkin I. O., Goncharenko A. N. Interaction modelling problems of intellectual agents at the mining enterprise. Nauchno-tekhnicheskie vedomosti Sankt-Peterburgskogo gosudarstvennogo politekhnicheskogo universiteta. 2013, no 4—2 (183), pp. 252—258. [In Russ].
14. Goncharenko S. N., Duong L. B., Petrov M. V., Stoyanova I. A. Modeling of parameters of innovation water-protection measures on the basis of industrial-technological indices of coal mining at Vietnam enterprises. Gornyy Zhurnal, 2014;(9):143—146.
15. Vision Zero. Sem' «zolotykh pravil» proizvodstva c nulevym travmatizmom i s bezopasnymi usloviyami truda. Rukovodstvo dlya rabotodateley i menedzherov. Mezhdunarodnaya assotsiatsiya sotsial'nogo obespecheniya, 2017. URL: http://visionzero.global/sites/default/files/2017-11/5-Vision_zero_Guide-Web.pdf (accessed 18.03.2019).
16. Petrov V. L., Krupin Yu. A., Kochetov A. I. Evaluation of professional education quality in mining and metallurgy: New approaches. Gornyy Zhurnal, 2016;(12):94—97. DOI: 10.17580/gzh.2016.12.19.
17. In Situ Leach Uranium Mining: An Overview of Operations. IAEA Nuclear Energy Series. No. NF-T-1.4. Viena, 2016. 59 p.
18. Antsiferov A. V., Glukhov A. A., Tumanov V. V., Son D. V., Olenjuk S. P. On seismic tomography algorithm to predict discontinuities in coal seams. Mining Science and Technology. 2018;(4):21—33. https://doi.org/10.17073/2500-0632-2018-4-21-33.
19. Ganbaatar Z., Morozov V. V., Delgerbat L., Duda A. M. Management of processes for enrichment of coppermolybdenum ores using quality control quality. Mining science and technology. 2017;(1):40—50. (In Russ.) https://doi.org/10.17073/2500-0632-2017-1-40-48.
20. Tatarinov V. N., Manevich A. I., Losev I. V. System approach to geodynamic zoning based on artificial neural networks. Mining Science and Technology. 2018;(3):14—25. (In Russ.) https://doi.org/10.17073/2500-0632-2018-3-14-25.