DETERMINATION OF ROCK PRESSURE ON LINING OF WELLS
The major factor of stability and functional reliability of wells and other underground structures is rock pressure. This article discusses loads exerted on lining of wells by surrounding rock mass under conditions of their deformational interdependence. The study takes into account the factor of sequence of rock mass loading and deformation prior to reinforcement of wells, both before lowering and cementing of casing and after the implementation. The influence of well bottom on development of initial well boundary displacement before putting the lining into operation is estimated. The effect exerted by cementing quality in the casing string–borehole annulus on generation of loads on the lining is comprehensively analyzed. The cementing quality is characterized by the degree of flush fluid or drill mud substitution by cement grouting. As a result, the studies produce an equation to find rock pressure on lining with regard to its operating time. The comparison of the calculations from the obtained equation and the test data of well sealing in underground storage facility shows satisfactory agreement of the computed and actual values of rock pressure, which proves relevance of this approach to estimation of rock pressure on lining of wells and the validity of the obtained equation.
For citation: Khloptsov D. V., Vinnikov V. A. Determination of rock pressure on lining of wells. MIAB. Mining Inf. Anal. Bull. 2019;(8):74-82. [In Russ]. DOI: 10.25018/0236-1493-2019-08-0-74-82.
: 622.24 (622.28)DOI
: Khloptsov D. V., Vinnikov V. A.
D.V. Khloptsov, Graduate Student,
V.A. Vinnikov, Dr. Sci. (Phys. Mathem.), Head of Chair,
National University of Science and Technology «MISiS»,
119049, Moscow, Russia.
Corresponding author: V.A. Vinnikov, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.Key words
Well lining, cement grouting, rock creep, rock pressure on well lining.References
1. Ma T., Tang T., Chen P., Yang C. Uncertainty evaluation of safe mud weight window utilizing the reliability assessment method. Energies, 2019, vol. 12(5), no 942.
2. Sarkisov G. M., Saroyan A. E., Burmistrov A. G. Prochnost' krepleniya stenok neftyanyh skvazhin [Strength of casing in oil wells], Moscow, Nedra, 1977, 144 p.
3. Danilenko O. D., Dzhafarov K. I., Kolesnikov V. G., Kuznecov V. F. Instrukciya po raschetu obsadnyh kolonn dlya neftyanyh i gazovyh skvazhin [Casing design guidelines for oil and gas wells], Moscow, VNIITneft', 1997, 195 p.
4. Solov'ev E. M. Zakanchivanie skvazhin [Well completion], Moscow, Nedra, 1979, 303 p.
5. Akl S. A. Y., Whittle A. J. Validation of soil models for wellbore stability in ductile formations using laboratory TWC tests. Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering. 2016. Vol. 143. no 2.
6. Bulatov A. I., Izmaylov L. B., Lebedev O. A. Proektirovanie konstruktsiy skvazhin [Structural design of wells], Moscow, Nedra, 1979, 280 p.
7. Gubaydullin A. G., Moguchee A. I. Prediction of pressure on casing string and cement sheath in horizontal and inclined boreholes under rock creep. Territoriya Neftegaz. 2015, no 12, pp. 64—69. [In Russ].
8. Ivannikov V. I. Mechanism of production string instability in oil and gas wells. Stroitel'stvo neftyanykh i gazovykh skvazhin na sushe i na more. 2012, no 6, pp. 13—17. [In Russ].
9. Gerasimov D. S., Ovchinnikov V. P., Kuznetsov V. G., Ovchinnikov P. V., Kleshchenko I. I., Spasibov V. M. Stress analysis in lining of wells under influence of rock pressure. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Neft' i gaz. 2018, no 5, pp. 89—96. [In Russ].
10. Federal'nye normy i pravila v oblasti promyshlennoy bezopasnosti «Pravila bezopasnosti v neftyanoy i gazovoy promyshlennosti» Seriya 8. Vyp. 19 [Federal Norms and Regulations on Production Safety: Safety Regulations for Oil and Gas Industry, series 8. Issue 19], Moscow, ZAO NTTS PB, 2013, 288 p.
11. Bulatov A. I. Formirovanie i rabota tsementnogo kamnya v skvazhine [Formation and operation of cement sheath in wells], Moscow, Nedra, 1990, 409 p.
12. Raykevich S. O. Razrabotka sposobov i tekhnologiy povysheniya produktivnosti skvazhin gazovykh i neftyanykh mestorozhdeniy [Methods and technologies to enhance well deliverability in oil and gas reservoirs], Candidate’s thesis, Moscow, 2004, 26 p.
13. Bakirov D. L., Belousov A. O., Burdyga V. A., Svyatukhova S. S. Validation of requirement for cement sheath strength in lining of oil and gas wells. Stroitel'stvo neftyanykh i gazovykh skvazhin na sushe i na more. 2017, no 11, pp. 43—46. [In Russ].
14. Gnibidin V. N. Results of investigations into prevention of loss of annulus tightness as a result of action of static and dynamic loads. Bulatovskie chteniya. 2017. vol. 3, pp. 54—59. [In Russ].
15. Rodin I. V. Solution of problems on gravity pressure of surrounding rock mass on underground mine support. Doklady Akademii nauk SSSR. 1951. vol. 28, no 3, pp. 121—132. [In Russ].
16. Zhong R., Miska S., Yu M. Modeling of near-wellbore fracturing for wellbore strengthening. Journal of Natural Gas Science and Engineering. 2017. Vol. 38. Pp. 475—484.
17. Bizhani M. et al. Quantitative evaluation of critical conditions required for effective hole cleaning in coiled-tubing drilling of horizontal wells. SPE Drilling & Completion. 2016. Vol. 31. no 03. Pp. 188—199.
18. Erzhanov Zh. S. Teoriya polzuchesti gornykh porod i ee prilozheniya [Theory of rock creep and applications], Alma-Ata, Nauka, 1964, 176 p.