BLASTING FRAGMENTATION OF FERRUGINOUS QUARTZITES IN LONG DEFLECTED HOLES IN THE GUBKIN MINE, KMARUDA
The Korobkovskoe deposit of ferruginous quartzites is developed using the long-hole open stoping method with levels 60 m high. Blasting is carried out in long holes with diameter of 105 mm and 55 m long directed toward the stope area. This method often results in oversizes and chocking-up of ore chutes. The major cause of increased yield of oversizes and average sizes is uncontrollable deviation of long holes from project position. This study aims to determine the degree of hole deflection with depth and to calculate average size of blasted rocks per the hole length. The research uses the full-scale experiment with directional log plant MIS-42.80 and the analytical calculation of average size of blasted rock. All in all, round 4000 borehole surveys were implemented. It is found that average deflection of boreholes grows from 0.05–0.20 m at a depth of 10 m to 0.4–0.8 m at a depth of 50 m. The novelty of the research consists in finding average size of blasted rock as function of knock rating of explosives, hardness and jointing of rock mass, as well as average spacing of boreholes. The average size of blasted rocks grows from 0.22 to 0.39 m with length of borehole. To reduce the impact of borehole deflection on blasting fragmentation quality, it is recommended to transit to sublevel stoping system with 2–3 sublevels and to use directional drill rigs.
For citation: Tyupin V. N., Kublikov S. N. Blasting fragmentation of ferruginous quartzites in long deflected holes in the Gubkin Mine, KMAruda. MIAB. Mining Inf. Anal. Bull. 2019;(8):65-73. [In Russ]. DOI: 10.25018/0236-1493-2019-08-0-65-73.
: Tyupin V. N., Kublikov S. N.
V.N. Tyupin, Dr. Sci. (Eng.), Professor, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org,
S.N. Kublikov, Graduate Student,
Deputy Chief Engineer for Drilling and Blasting Operations
at the Shakhtar Mine Gubkina JSC «Combine KMAruda»,
Gubkin, Belgorod region, Russia, e-mail: K23463@yandex.ru,
Belgorod State National Research University,
308015, Belgorod, Russia.
Corresponding author: V.N. Tyupin, e-mail: email@example.com.Key words
Long-hole open stoping, long hole deflection, directional survey, blasting, average blasted rock size.References
1. Babayants G. M., Vertleyb L. K., Zhurin N. Ya. Podzemnaya razrabotka zhelezistykh kvartsitov [Underground mining of banded iron formations], Moscow, Nedra, 1988, 168 p.
2. Kondratenko A. S., Timonin V. V., Karpov V. N., Popelyukh A. I. Options for improvement of efficiency of percussion rotary drilling of holes. Gornyy zhurnal. 2018, no 5, pp. 63—68. [In Russ].
3. Solodyankin S. S., Bugaets P. V., Kublikov S. N. Particularities of longhole stoping and directions of development of drilling and blasting operations in a mine named for Gubkin. Gornaya promyshlennost'. 2017, no 5, pp. 74—76. [In Russ].
4. Timonin V. V., Alekseev S. E., Karpov V. N., Chernienkov E. M. Influence of energy parameters of down the hole drill rig to technical and economic features of holes drilling with simultaneous well casing. Fiziko-tekhnicheskiye problemy razrabotki poleznykh iskopayemykh. 2018, no 1, pp. 61—70. [In Russ].
5. Shatorin I. O. Adjustment of impact machine by the modern software. Fundamental'nye i prikladnye voprosy gornykh nauk. 2017. Vol. 4, no 1, pp. 72—76. [In Russ].
6. Shevkun E. B. Leshchinskiy A. V. Galim'yanov A. A. Control of drilling and blasting of rock fragmentation by the blasts with air cavities. Gornyy zhurnal. 2016, no 2, pp. 66—69. [In Russ].
7. Trubetskoy K. N., Viktorov S. D., Zakalinskiy V. M., Osokin A. A. Large scale blasting destruction of rock mass: current state and trends of application. Gornyy zhurnal. 2016, no 10, pp. 64— 69. [In Russ].
8. Myunkh A. F., Shokov V. I., Binder Ya. I. Creation and first results of acquisition of mobile inclinometer surveying station for the measuring of blasting holes. Gornyy zhurnal. 2011, no 10, pp. 53—56. [In Russ].
9. Tyupin V. N. Vzryvnye i geomekhanicheskie protsessy v treshchinovatykh napryazhennykh gornykh massivakh: monografiya [Blasting and geomechanics processes in fractured stressed mountain mass: monograph], Belgorod, ID «Belgorod» NIU «BelGU», 2017, 192 p.
10. Dunaev V. A., Seryy S. S., Ignatenko I. M., Ovsyannikov A. N. Methods of pre-project evaluation of blast ability of rocks in open pits. Gornyy zhurnal. 2012, no 9, pp. 18—23. [In Russ].
11. Paul Moore. A fragmented approach. International Mining, March 2015. Pp. 70—77.
12. Pradeep K. Singh, Roy M. P., Amalendu Sinha. Controlled Blasting for Safe and Efficient Mining Operations at Rampura Agucha Mine in India. 8th International Conference on Physical Problems of Rock Destruction. China. 2014, pp. 137—151.
13. Duan Y., Xiong D., Yao L., Wang F., Xu G. Advanced Technology for Setting Out of Blastholes and Measurements while Drilling. 11th International Symposium on Rock Fragmentation by Blasting. Australia. 2015, pp. 593—598.
14. Singh S. P., Abdul H. Investigation of blast desin parameters to optimize fragmentation. Rock Fragmentation by Blasting: Fragblast 10. 2013. Pp. 181—187.
15. Sandvik’s New Pantera DTH. Mining Turkey: Mining end Earth Science Magazine. 2014. Vol. 3. No. 6. Pp. 26—27.
16. Haibao Yi, Haibatao Yang, Li Ming, Han Bin, Zheng Lujing Study on Open-Pit Precision Control Blasting of Easily Weathered Rock and ist Application. 8th International Conference on Physical Problems of Rock Destruction. China. 2014. Pp. 157—160.
17. Ovseychuk V. A., Tyupin V. N. Optimization of granulometric composition of ore during in situ leaching and heap leaching. Gornyy zhurnal. 2002, no 9, pp. 24—27. [In Russ].
18. Kutuzov B. N., Tyupin V. N. Method of calculation of parameters of drilling and blasting operations at the open pits in order to provide with the specified quality of rock fragmentation. Gornyy zhurnal. 2017, no 8, pp. 66—69. [In Russ].