INTEGRATED ESTIMATION OF STRENGTH PROPERTIES OF COMPLEX-STRUCTURE COAL SEAMS
The article reports studies aimed at integrate estimation of coal seam properties. The studies were undertaken in the framework of software development for drum loading and pattern selection for attack picks. It is found that the index of coal seam cuttability, used in calculation of optimal parameters for shearer–loader drums, neglects content of hard sandstone and siltstone interbeds in coal seams, as well as large hard shots. As a result, considerable errors are possible in engineering cutting drum, especially for complex-structure seams. In this connection, the research was accomplished to find an index to integrate both specific content of discontinuities and their strength characteristics in coal seams. To this effect, the intercorrelation between characteristics between coal cutting efficiency and coal seam strength properties were studied. Based on the physical understanding of interaction between picks and coal, the index of integrated estimation of strength properties of complex-structure coal seams is proposed. Generalized data on breaking characteristics of coal seams are compiled into electronic data base on coal seams under mining in Russia, comprising all characteristics, including qualitative. It is recommended to use the developed integrated index of strength properties of coal seams as well as the data base in calculation of forces on picks ad loads on drums of shearer–loaders.
For citation: Linnik Yu. N., Linnik V. Yu, Zhabin A. B., Polyakov A. V. Integrated estimation of strength properties of complex-structure coal seams. MIAB. Mining Inf. Anal. Bull. 2019;(8):33-41. [In Russ]. DOI: 10.25018/0236-1493-2019-08-0-33-41.
: Linnik Yu. N., Linnik V. Yu, Zhabin A. B., Polyakov A. V.
V.Yu. Linnik (1), Dr. Sci. (Eng.), Professor, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org,
Yu.N. Linnik (1), Dr. Sci. (Econ.), Professor, e-mail: email@example.com,
A.B. Zhabin (2, 3), Dr. Sci. (Eng.), Professor, Full Member of the Academy of Mining Sciences,
President of the Tula Regional Department of the Academy of Mining Sciences,
A.V. Polyakov (2 ,3), Dr. Sci. (Eng.), Professor,
Academic Advisor of the Academy of Mining Sciences, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org,
1) State University of Management, 109542, Moscow, Russia,
2) Tula State University, 300012, Tula, Russia,
3) Tula Regional Department of the Academy of Mining Sciences, 300028, Tula, Russia.
Corresponding author: V.Yu. Linnik, e-mail: email@example.com.Key words
Сoal seam, cuttability, hard shots, dirt bands, integral estimate, breaking characteristics.References
1. Pozin Е. Z., Melamed V. Z., Ton V. V. Razrushenie ugley vyemochnymi mashinami. Pod red. E. Z. Pozina [Coal destruction by mining machines, Pozin Е. Z. (Ed.)], Moscow, Nedra, 1984, 288 p.
2. Baron L. I. Gornotekhnicheskoe porodovedenie [Mining science about rock], Moscow, Nauka, 1977, 323 p.
3. Titov S. V., Myshlyaev B. K. Operating characteristics of the downhole scraper conveyors in the mechanized systems. Gornye mashiny i avtomatika. 2003, no 7, pp. 2—5. [In Russ].
4. Zhabin A. B., Averin Е. A., Polyakov A. V., Sarychev V. I. The state of scientific research in the field of rock destruction tool at the turn of the century. Izvestiya Tul’skogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta, Nauki o zemle. 2018, issue 1, pp. 230—247. [In Russ].
5. Zaharov V. N., Averin A. P. Geophysical evaluation of the geodynamic state of the bottomhole formation of rocks in underground mining. Deformirovanie i razrushenie materialov s defektami, i dinamicheskie yavleniya v gornykh porodakh i vyrabotkakh. Materialy XXVI Mezhdunarodnoy nauchnoy shkoly im. akademika S.A. Khristianovicha. Simferopol', Tavricheskiy natsional'nyy universitet im. V. I. Vernadskogo, 2016, pp. 90—94. [In Russ].
6. Zaharov V. N., Malinnikova O. N. The study of the structural features of the coal seam ejection. Zapiski Gornogo instituta. 2014, vol. 210, pp. 43—52. [In Russ].
7. Dmitriev A. P. Razrushenie gornykh porod: Nauchnye shkoly moskovskogo gornogo [Destruction of rocks: Scientific schools of Moscow mining], Moscow, izd-vo «Gornaya kniga». 2012, 80 p.
8. Pozin Е. Z., Kuntysh M. F. To the method of complex assessment of coal seams destructibility by tools. Problemy gornogo dela, Moscow, Nedra, 1974, pp. 279—286.
9. Kombayny ochistnye. Vybor parametrov i raschet sil rezaniya i podachi na ispolnitel'nykh organakh. Metodika. OST 12.44.258-84 [Combines cleaning. Selection of parameters and calculation of cutting forces and feed on the Executive bodies. Methodology. Industry standard 12.44.258-84], Moscow, izd-vo Ministerstva ugol'noy promyshlennosti SSSR, 1985, 108 p.
10. Hebel G., Hemmer W., Lemmes F. Der Einsats von Schramwalzen bei fallendem verhieb Gluckauf. 1986, vol. 122, no 21, pp. 1391—1392.
11. Hurt K. G., Mcstravich F. G. High Perfomanco Shoaror Drum Dosing. Colliery Guardian, Dec. 1988. Vol. 236, no 12.
12. Rui Zhang, Zhengfu Ning, Feng Yang, Huawei Zhao, Qing Wang A laboratory study of the porosity-permeability relationships of shaleand sandstone under effective stress. International Journal of Rock Mechanics & Mining Sciences, 2016, Vol. 81, pp. 19—27.
13. Vladimir Andjelkovic, Nenad Pavlovic, Zarko Lazarevic, Velimir Nedovic Modelling of shear characteristics at the concrete–rock mass interface. International Journal of Rock Mechanics & Mining Sciences, 2015, Vol. 76, pp. 222—236.
14. Matthias Klawitter, Joan Esterle, Sarah Collins A study of hardness and fracture propagation in coal. International Journal of Rock Mechanics & Mining Sciences. 2015. Vol. 76. pp. 237—242.
15. Linnik Yu. N., Sherstkin V. V., Linnik V. Yu. The integral indicator of the degradability of coal seams. Gornyy zhurnal. 2015, no 8, pp. 16—18. [In Russ].
16. Sidorenko A. A., Sishchuk J. M., Gerasimova I. G. Underground mining of multiple coal seams: problems and solutions. Eurasian Mining, 2016, no 2, pp. 11—15.