METHOD TO EXTRACT BOTTOM AND PIT WALL RESERVES IN SMALL THICKNESS ORE BODY MINING
Open pit mining often leaves mineral reserves in pit walls and bottom. Extraction of such reserves with conventional underground or surface mining technologies is economically ineffective. Using the available open pit mine infrastructure, it is possible to extract such reserves through combination of technologies, for example, development of small thickness or lode deposits by Highwall Miners or auger machines. A significant design defect of this equipment is the tight straight-line coupling between the cutting tool and the machine on the ground. The coupling is represented by a drill string, lifting screw or telescope boom that transmits crowd force to the bottomhole, which disables application of this equipment in ore bodies with variable dip angle. The authors propose a method to extract bottom and side wall reserves using a mining installation equipped with an independent extraction unit with flexible coupling with the land-based machine, and composed of a sliding bracket, an extending section, a cutter, a thrust and actuating cylinders. Loose cut rock is lifted to the surface via a flexible section-type pipeline by a pneumatic handling system.
For citation: Cheban A. Yu., Kursakin G. A., Korneeva S. I., Fatkulin A. A. Method to extract bottom and pit wall reserves in small thickness ore body mining. MIAB. Mining Inf. Anal. Bull. 2019;(8):14-20. [In Russ]. DOI: 10.25018/0236-1493-2019-08-0-14-20.
: Cheban A. Yu., Kursakin G. A., Korneeva S. I., Fatkulin A. A.
A.Yu. Cheban (1), Cand. Sci. (Eng.), Senior Researcher, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org,
G.A. Kursakin (1), Dr. Sci. (Eng.), Chief Researcher, e-mail: email@example.com,
S.I. Korneeva (1), Cand. Sci. (Eng.), Science Secretary, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org,
A.A. Fatkulin, Dr. Sci. (Eng.), Director of the Far Eastern Regional Training Center,
e-mail: email@example.com, Far Eastern Federal University,
690922, Vladivostok, Russia,
1) Mining Institute, Far Eastern Branch of Russian Academy of Sciences,
680000, Khabarovsk, Russia.
Corresponding author: A.Yu. Cheban, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.Key words
Independent extraction unit, cutter, extending section, bottomhole, mining, rock mass, flexible pipeline, underground excavation.References
1. Coal Production and Processing Technology. Ed. by M. R. Riazi, R. Gupta. Taylor & Francis Group, LLC. 2016. P. 535.
2. Pikalov V. A., Sokolovskiy A. V., Netsvetaev A. G., Pruzhina D. I. Expansion of applicability for combination geotechnology in coal mining. Gornyy zhurnal. 2016, no 5, pp. 68—72. [In Russ].
3. Dixit S. K., Pradhan M. Highwall mining in India. Mine Planning and Equipment Selection. Springer International Publishing. 2014. pp. 175—187.
4. Klement'eva I. N., Kuziev D. A. Actual status and prospects for future development of surface miners, designed for for blastless lit-by-lit excavation of solid rock. Gornyy informatsionnoanaliticheskiy byulleten’. 2019, no 2, pp. 123—128. [In Russ].
5. Cheban A. Yu. Method of exercise work for small coal cuts with the application of an advanced mine operating combine. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten’. 2019, no 2, pp. 36—42. [In Russ].
6. Netsvetaev A. G., Grigoryan A. A., Pruzhina D. I. Technologies of deserted coal mining using screw drilling machines. Gornaya promyshlennost'. 2015, no 2, pp. 60—63. [In Russ].
7. Vovk A. I., Leyderman L. P., Kaplan A. V., Pikalov V. A. Development of mining of coking coal by the open method in the conditions of the Arctic. Ratsional'noe osvoenie nedr. 2013, no 5, pp. 50—54. [In Russ].
8. Prakash A., John L. P., Pal R. P. Highwall mining in India. Part II. Subsidence management mechanism at mine level. Journal of Mines, Metals & Fuels. 2014. Vol. 62. no. 9—10. pp. 254—262.
9. Smirnov S. A., Pechenegov O. Yu., Kazakov A. S. The results of experimental-industrial exploitation SHM for extracting coal reserves from outcropping seams outside the technical borderline of a coal opencast. Ratsional'noe osvoenie nedr. 2015, no 4, pp. 58—62. [In Russ].
10. Shen B. et al. Highwall mining stability. Taishan Academic Forum. Project on Mine Disaster Prevention and Control. Atlantis Press. 2014.
11. Cheban A. Yu., Sekisov G. V., Sekisov A. G., Khrunina N. P. Improvement of technology for gold-bearing lodes using selective machine mining. Gornyy zhurnal. 2018, no 10, pp. 36—39. [In Russ].
12. Cheban A. Yu. Machines for extraction of steeply dipping ore body and technology of this process. Izvestiya Sibirskogo otdeleniya Sektsii nauk o Zemle Rossiyskoy akademii estestvennykh nauk. Geologiya, razvedka i razrabotka mestorozhdeniy poleznykh iskopaemykh. 2018. Vol. 41, no 4, pp. 89—96. [In Russ].