DEVELOPMENT OF THE FUEL AND ENERGY SECTOR IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE ENERGY STRATEGY IN RUSSIA
The fuel and energy sector is sufficiently sustainable as compared with the other industry sectors of the Russian economy. By the Energy Strategy of Russia up to 2013, in terms of equivalent fuel, the coal mining industry is characterized with the least capital costs. Development of the coal mining industry will need less investment and can create favorable conditions for advancement in allied branches (machine building, power generation). The modern theory of stable competitive product contains three types of competitive advantages: lowest cost, differentiation and focusing. At the present time, a promising area of underground coal mining progression is the mine– longwall scheme. Yet, application range of this scheme is insignificant. The differentiation type of competitive advantages for coal mines can be assumed as an expansion of production output in surface and underground coking coal mines with the concurrent development of arrangements intended to reduce expenditures connected with power-generating coal production based on the introduction of advanced technologies. The least capital cost type of competitive advantages means control over unit costs over a preset period. The current ratio of borrowed and own funds (0.25) in the coal mining industry is baseless and calls for definite crisis-proof measures to be undertaken at the federal and regional scale. In this regard, it is expedient to continue to improve the mechanism of compensation for expenses connected with payment of interest on credits obtained for investment project implementation in the coal mining industry. It is necessary to widely introduce the tax code provisions such as addition of business period expenses with capital cost in amount not more than 10% (not more than 30% in terms of some amortization groups) of original asset value. Under accelerated amortization, expenses connected with amortization can grow. In order to level down the diseconomy and to balance costs in the linear and nonlinear methods of amortization, it might be required to increase coal output pro rata. The certain evaluation procedure of economic expedience of accelerated amortization in coal mines is discussed in the article. The trends in development of the fuel and energy sector in whole and the coal mining industry in particular need a comprehensive study into further implementation potential of the entirety of appropriate efforts and arrangements.
For citation: Galiev Zh. K., Galieva N. V. Development of the fuel and energy sector in compliance with the energy strategy in Russia. MIAB. Mining Inf. Anal. Bull. 2019;(6):215-220. [In Russ]. DOI: 10.25018/0236-1493-2019-06-0-215-220.
: 33.024 DOI
: Galiev Zh. K., Galieva N. V.
Zh.K. Galiev, Dr. Sci. (Econ.), Professor,
N.V. Galieva, Cand. Sci. (Econ.), Assistant Professor,
National University of Science and Technology «MISiS», 119049, Moscow, Russia,
Corresponding author: Zh.K. Galiev, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fuel and energy sector, energy strategy, oil production, gas recovery, coal mining, capital investment, competitive advantages, accelerated amortization.References
1. Tarazanov I. G. Coal mining industry performance in Russia in January–December 2017: Summary. Ugol'. 2018, no 3, pp. 58—73. [In Russ].
2. Rossiyskiy statisticheskiy ezhegodnik [Russian statistical yearbook], Moscow, 2017.
3. Friederich M. C., van Leeuwen T. A review ofthe history of coal exploration, discovery and production in Indonesia: The interplay of legal framework, coal geology and exploration strategy. International Journal of Coal Geology. 2017. Vol. 178. Pp. 56—73.
4. Lin J., Kahrl F., Liu X. A regional analysis of excess capacity in China's power systems. Resources, Conservation and Recycling. 2018. Vol. 129. Pp. 93 —101.
5. Wolfram P., Wiedmann T. Electrifying Australian transport: Hybrid life cycle analysis of a transition to electric light-duty vehicles and renewable electricity. Applied Energy. 2017. Vol. 206. Pp. 531—540.
6. Paul A. Samuelson, William D. Nordhaus. Economics. McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. 2011. 620 р.
7. Campbell R. McConnell, Stenley L. Brue, Sean M. Flynn. Economics. Principles, Problems and Policies. McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. 2012. 540 р.
8. Gregory Mankiw N., Maik P. Taylor. Economics. Gengage Leaming EMEA. 2011. 460 р.
9. Galiev Zh. K., Galieva N. V. Stages of profit generation at a coal mining company. Ekonomika v promyshlennosti. 2014, no 3, pp. 70—74. [In Russ].
10. Galiev Zh. K., Galieva N. V. Theoretical aspects of management at the mining enterprises. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten’. 2015, no 9, pp. 227—231. [In Russ].
11. Galiev Zh. K., Galieva N. V. Economical and Theoretical Aspects of Marketing at the Mining Enterprises. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten’. 2015, no 12, pp. 180—186. [In Russ].
12. Sheremet A. D. Integrated analysis of sustainable development indicators of business. Ekonomicheskiy analiz: teoriya i praktika. 2014, no 45 (396), pp. 2—10. [In Russ].