RECENT TRENDS IN EFFICIENCY IMPROVEMENT IN APPLICATION OF DEGASIFICATION SYSTEMS IN COAL MINES
Safe operation of mine personnel as well as nonstop coal cutting at stable methane content of air in underground coal mines, with set standards at the continuous increase in depth of mining tion, degasification and gas suction systems. Efficiency of degasification systems can be improved in consequence of: proper design of degassing pipeline and selection of vacuum pumps with regard to hydroand thermo-dynamic effect of captured methane-and-air mixture flow on degassing plant operation; reduction in hydraulic friction of the pipeline using auxiliary gas conduits made of composite materials; sealing of underground vacuum gas line at not less than designed value for given operation conditions. Efficiency of gas suction systems can elevate through: sustained operation mode of fans, rated fresh air feed in supply air plenum, redesign of supply air plenum to ensure quality mixing of methane-and-air mixture and fresh air, continuous real-time control of methane content of methaneand-air mixture at the outlet of supply air plenum. The proposed trends of improving efficiency of degasification systems in coal mines, as well as new engineering solutions on design and operation of underground vacuum gas line will ensure project effectiveness of the systems.
For citation: Malashkina V.A. Recent trends in efficiency improvement in application of degasification systems in coal mines. MIAB. Mining Inf. Anal. Bull. 2019;(6):206-214. [In Russ]. DOI: 10.25018/0236-
: 622.4 DOI
: Malashkina V. A.
V.A. Malashkina, Dr. Sci. (Eng.), Professor, e-mail: Promecolodgy@mail.ru, Mining Institute, National University of Science and Technology «MISiS»,
119049, Moscow, Russia.
Degasification, hydraulic friction, underground vacuum gas line, methane-and-air mixture, glass–reinforced plastic pipeline.References
1. Slastunov S. V., Karkashadze G. G., Kolikov K. S. Modern problems of methane safety in high-performance coal mining. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten’. 2011. Special edition 1, pp. 202—210. [In Russ].
2. Instruktsiya po degazatsii ugol'nykh shakht. Seriya 05. Vyp. 22 [Instructions for the degassing of coal mines. Series 05. Issue 22], Moscow, ZAO NTTS PB, 2012, 250 p.
3. Instruktsiya po primeneniyu skhem provetrivaniya vyemochnykh uchastkov ugol'nykh shakht s izolirovannym otvodom metana iz vyrabotannogo prostranstva s pomoshch'yu gazootsasyvayushchikh ustanovok. Prikaz Minprirody RF ¹ 325 ot 08.10.2009 g. [Instructions for use schemes of airing of excavation sites of coal mines with isolated removal of methane from out space with gazootsasyvajushchih plants. Order of the Ministry of natural resources ¹ 325 from 08.10. 2009]
4. Malashkina V. A. Degazatsionnye ustanovki: Uchebnoe posobie. 2-e izd. [Degassing unit. Educational aid. 2nd edition], Moscow, Izd-vo MGGU, 2012, 190 p.
5. Malashkina V. A. Features of design gazootsasyvajushchih plants coal mines. Gornyy infor-matsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten’. 2018. Special edition 32, pp. 33—40. [In Russ].
6. Karpov Å. F., Ryazanov A. V. Avtomatizatsiya i kontrol' degazatsionnykh sistem [Automation and control of degassing systems], Moscow, Nedra, 1983, 190 p.
7. Junjie Chen, Deguang Xu Ventilation air methane of coal mines as the sustainable energy source. American Journal of Mining and Metallurgy. 2015. Vol. 3. Iss. 1. Ðp. 1—8.
8. Şuvar M. C., Lupu C., Arad V., Cioclea D., Păsculescu V. M., Mija N. Computerized simulation of mine ventilation networks for sustainable decision making process. Environmental Engineering and Management Journal. 2014. Vol. 13. No. 6. Pp. 1445—1451.
9. Malashkina V. A. Study of factors affecting the quality of the methaneair mixture flowing from the wells to the surface coal mine by pipeline of composite material. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten’. 2015, no 8, pp. 234—242. [In Russ].
10. Krings T., Gerilowski K., Buchwitz M., Hartmann J., Sachs T., Erzinger J., Burrows J., Bovensmann H. Quantification of methane emission rates from coal mine ventilation shafts using air-borne remote sensing data. Atmospheric Measurement Techniques. 2013. Vol. 6. Pp. 151—166.
11. Malashkina V. A. Study of the effect of hydro and thermodynamic processes in the degassing pipelines on the quality of a methane-air mixedsi extracted from coal mines. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten’. 2014, no 5, pp. 221—229. [In Russ].
12. Ushakov K. Z., Malashkina V. A. Gidravlika. Uchebnik [Hydraulics. Textbook], Moscow, izd-vo MGGU, izd-vo «Gornaya kniga», 2009, 414 p.