VALUE AND NUMBER OF OPTIMAL GEAR CHANGE LEVELS FOR CONVEYOR BELT VELOCITY
The article addresses an approach to improvement of mine belt conveyor efficiency. Transported material enters conveyor nonuniformly, and, therefore, conveying at constant velocity results in increased cost of transportation. The haul cost can be cut down through accommodation of the conveyor belt velocity and transportation volume per minute. The haulage regulation can be continuous and discrete. In the discrete regulation, the belt velocity is changed stepwise as soon as the material flow volume reaches a certain level. Thus, determination of the number and values of such levels is a key problem to be solved in order to synthesize a discrete automatic control of belt velocity. The calculation method is proposed for optimal threshold values of material flow volume to trigger the belt velocity change. The gear change levels are obtained from the conditions of minimum average velocity of belt and maximum productiveness of mining machine. The regulation quality is assessed for different number of the discrete regulation levels. The assessment is implemented by mathematical expectation of ratio between the unit load with velocity regulation and the rated unit load. The authors arrive to a conclusion on inexpediency of more than four gear change levels since regulation quality grows insignificantly with an increase in their number. On the other hand, considerable improvement in regulation quality is achievable through calculations with modified Gaussian distribution, namely, truncated distribution.
For citation: Dmitrieva V. V., Sizin P. E. Value and number of optimal gear change levels for conveyor belt velocity. MIAB. Mining Inf. Anal. Bull. 2019;(6):147-155. [In Russ]. DOI: 10.25018/0236-1493-2019-06-0-147-155.
: 622.647.2:004.942 DOI
: Dmitrieva V. V., Sizin P. E.
V.V. Dmitrieva, Cand. Sci. (Eng.), Assistant Professor, Gubkin Russian State University of Oil and Gas (National Research University),
119991, Moscow, Russia, e-mail: email@example.com,
P.E. Sizin, Cand. Sci. (Phys. Mathem.), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Institute of Basic Education,
National University of Science and Technology «MISiS»,
119049, Moscow, Russia.
Corresponding author: V.V. Dmitrieva, e-mail: email@example.com.
Belt conveyor, random material flow, Gaussian distribution, discrete velocity regulation, unit load, optimal gear change levels, regulation quality.References
1. Bahke T. Dimensioning and application of belt conveyors with intermediate belt drive (T-T System). Bulk Solids Handling. 1982. No 1. Pp. 47—57.
2. Dmitriev V. G., Verzhanskiy A. P. Osnovy teorii lentochnykh konveyerov [Grounds of the belt conveyor theory], Moscow, izd-vo «Gornaya kniga», 2017, 590 p.
3. Galkin V. I., Dmitriev V. G., D'yachenko V. P., Zapenin I. V., Sheshko Е. Е. Sovremennaya teoriya lentochnykh konveyerov gornykh predpriyatiy [Modern theory of the belt conveyors of mining enterprises], Moscow, izd-vo «Gornaya kniga», 2011, 545 p.
4. Jennings A., Perrone P., Cornet J. Case study: correcting control problems on Essroc’s multidrive station, horizontally curved conveyor. Transactions of the Society for Mining, Metallurgy and Exploration. 2013. Vol. 334. Pp. 472—476.
5. Mumtaj S., Dhamodharan K., Hari Prasad K., Kamesh Gautham B. Automatic control and protection of Coal Conveyor System using PIC, Annals of Civil and Environmental Engineering. 04 May 2018. Pp. 1—10. Heghten Science, DOI: 10.29328/journal. acee. 1001009.
6. Helix delta-T Horizontal Curves / Helix Technologies, 2017. URL: http://www.helixtech.com. au/T6ConvHorizCurves.aspx (date of address: 15.07.2017).
7. Keerthika R., Jagadeeswari M. Coal conveyor belt fault detection and control in thermal power plant using PLC and SCADA. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Engineering & Technology (IJARCET) Vol. 4 Issue 4, April 2015.
8. Pang Y., Lodewijks G. Pipe belt conveyor statics — Comparison of simulation results and measurements. Bulk Solids Handling. 2013, no 1, pp. 52—56.
9. Dmitrieva V. V. Razrabotka i issledovanie sistemy avtomaticheskoy stabilizatsii pogonnoy nagruzki magistral'nogo konveyera [Development and research of the system of automatic stabilization of linear load of the main conveyor], Candidate’s thesis, Moscow, 2005, 162 p.
10. Dmitrieva V. V., Sizin P. Е. Determination of the running load on the canvas of the belt conveyor for discrete three-level speed regulation. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten’. 2018, no 9, pp. 211—219. [In Russ].
11. Mertsalov R. V. Issledovaniya podzemnykh gruzopotokov i ustanovlenie sposobov povysheniya effektivnosti ispol'zovaniya shakhtnykh konveyerov [Study of underground freight traffics and finding ways to improve the efficiency of use of mining conveyors], Candidate’s thesis, Moscow,, 1968
12. R. Vinoth Kumar, Sakthivel V. P., Ruban J, Imran Khan S., Vignesh M. Microcontroller Based Automatic Control & Smart Protection of Coal Conveyor System. National Conference on Emerging Trends in Electronics, Instrumentation, Automation & Control (ETEIAC-17) organized by Department of EIE, Karpagam College of Engineering, 15th Mar 2017, p. 1—7. Special Issue Published in International Journal of Trend in Research and Development (IJTRD), www.ijtrd.com.
13. Shakhmeyster L. G., Dmitriev V. G. Veroyatnostnye metody rascheta transportiruyushchikh mashin [Probabilistic methods for calculating transporting machines], Moscow, Mashinostroenie, 1983, 265 p.
14. Dmitrieva V. V., Sizin P. Е. Correlation analysis and methods of modeling of random traffic on the main conveyor. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten’. 2018, no 10, pp. 145—155. [In Russ].
15. Venttsel' Е. S., Ovcharov L. A. Teoriya veroyatnostey i ee inzhenernye prilozheniya: Uchebnik dlya vuzov, 2-e izd. [Probability theory and its engineering applications: Textbook for high schools, 2nd edition], Moscow, Vysshaya shkola, 2000, 480 p.
16. Bragin V. V., SHevelev A. L., Larichkin L. D. Formation of coal freight traffic from a fully mechanized faces. Sbornik nauchnykh trudov assotsiatsii «Kuzbasugletekhnologiya». 1992, no 5, pp. 16—29. [In Russ].
17. Kondrakhin V. P., Stadnik N.I, Belitskiy P. V. Statistical analysis of the exploitation parameters of the mine band conveyor. Sbornik nauchnykh trudov Donetskogo natsional'nogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta. 2013. Issue 2(26), pp. 140—150. [In Russ].
18. D'yachenko V. P. Methods of describing of the random freight traffic value of the band conveyors of mining enterprises on the basis of its empirical distributions. Gornyy informatsionnoanaliticheskiy byulleten’. 2007, no 3, pp. 287—289. [In Russ].