GEOMECHANICAL STUDY OF COAL SERIES MINING IN THE RUBAN MINE UNDER HYDRAULIC FILL OF OPEN PIT
Geological conditions of Blagodatnyi Gluboki site in the Ruban Mine and hydraulic fill formed during open pit mining of Krasnogorski II coal seam of the Mokhovo Open Pit Coal Mine division are analyzed in connection with scheduled mining of lower lying Polysaevski II, Nadbaikaim and Baikaim seams. In this case, the hydraulic fill is a water body, on the one hand, involving hazards associated with water and water-saturated rock breakouts in underground excavations and, on the other hand, is a water-saturated mass which may present an environmental threat in case of an accident. The scientific missions and engineering problems are formulated to ensure the underground mine safety and hydraulic fill stability on the undermined site. The results of the pilot longwall 812 mining of Polysaevski II coal seam with monitoring of deep-seated check point displacements and variation in water pressure in undermined rock mass, as well as with ground surface deformation surveillance are analyzed, and the actual height of water-conducting fracturing zone is determined.
The depths of safe mining are calculated for the Blagodatnyi Gluboki coal site under the hydraulic fill. It is concluded that water-conducting fractures in the undermined rock mass will not reach the water body if its boundary fits the hydraulic fill bed. The geomechanical design of shield-type structures for the hydraulic fill undermining shows that safety factor of dams will be higher than standard value in Polysaevski II and Nadbaikaim coal seams while it will drop below the standard in Baikaim seam mining. The structural stability of dam slopes will be provided by means of additional dumping.
For citation: Sablin M. V., Borger E. B., Kutepov Yu. I., Kutepov Yu. Yu., Mironov A. S. Geomechanical study of coal series mining in the Ruban Mine under hydraulic fill of open pit. MIAB. Mining Inf. Anal. Bull. 2019;(6):124-135. [In Russ]. DOI: 10.25018/0236-1493-2019-06-0-124-135.
: Sablin M. V., Borger E. B., Kutepov Yu. I., etc.
M.V. Sablin (1), Chief Engineer of Mine Administration named after Ruban
E.B. Borger (1), Chief Surveyor of Mine Administration named after Ruban,
Yu.I. Kutepov (2), Dr. Sci. (Eng.), Professor, Head of Laboratory, e-mail: email@example.com,
Yu.Yu. Kutepov (2), Graduate Student, Engineer, e-mail: KutepovYY@ya.ru,
A.S. Mironov (2), Cand. Sci. (Geol. Mineral.), Leading Researcher, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org,
1) JSC «SUEK-Kuzbass», 652507, Leninsk-Kuznetsk, Kemerovo region, Russia,
2) Saint Petersburg Mining University, 199106, Saint-Petersburg, Russia.
Corresponding author: Yu.Yu. Kutepov, e-mail: KutepovYY@ya.ru.
Rock mass movement, hydraulic fill, hydrodynamic accident, water body, undermining, water-conducting fracture zone, safe mining depth, dam stability.References
1. Guo W., Zou Y., Hou Q. Fractured zone height of longwall mining and its effects on the overburden aquifers. International Journal of Mining Science and Technology, 2012, no 5 (22), pp. 603—606. DOI: 10.1016/j.ijmst.2012.08.001.
2. Li Y., Peng S. S., Zhang J. Impact of longwall mining on groundwater above the longwall panel in shallow coal seams. Journal of Rock Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering, 2015, no 3 (7), pp. 298—305. DOI: 10.1016/j.jrmge.2015.03.007.
3. Newman C., Agioutantis Z., Boede G., Leon J. Assessment of potential impacts to surface and subsurface water bodies due to longwall mining. International Journal of Mining Science and Technology, 2017, Vol. 27(1), pp. 57—64. DOI: 10.1016/j.ijmst.2016.11.016.
4. Suchowerska Iwanec A. M., Carter J. P., Hambleton J. P. Geomechanics of subsidence above single and multi-seam coal mining. Journal of Rock Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering, 2016. Vol. 8, no 3, pp. 304—313. DOI: 10.1016/j.jrmge.2015.11.007.
5. Zubkov V. V., Zubkova I. A. Zones of technogenic water-conducting cracks by room-and-pillar mining. Geomechanics and Geodynamics of Rock Masses: Proc. of the 2018 European Rock Mechanics Symposium, Vol. 2, 2018. pp. 1081—1084.
6. Gusev V. N. Prognosis of safe conditions of the coal seams extraction under water objects on the basis of geomechanics of technogenic water-conducting cracks. Zapiski Gornogo instituta. 2016, pp. 638—643. [In Russ].
7. Zubkov V. V., Zubkova I. A. Formation of a zone of technogenic water-conducting cracks over opening. Mezhdunarodnyy nauchno-issledovatel'skiy zhurnal. 2017, no 5 (59), pp. 172—175. DOI: 10.23670/IRJ.2017.59.146. [In Russ].
8. Kutepov Yu. I., Mironov A. S., Kutepov Yu. Yu., Sablin M. V., Borger E. B. Substantiation of safe underground mining in series of coal seams under hydraulic fill. Gornyy informatsionnoanaliticheskiy byulleten’. 2018, no 8, pp. 217—226. DOI: 10.25018/0236-1493-2018-8-0-217-226. [In Russ].
9. Kutepov Yu. Yu., Borger E. B. Numerical modeling of the rock mass subsidence applied to geological conditions of the mine named after Ruban in Kuzbass. Gornyy informatsionnoanaliticheskiy
byulleten’. 2017, no 5, pp. 66—75. [In Russ].
10. Metodicheskie ukazaniya po naturnomu opredeleniyu vysoty zony vodoprovodyashchikh treshchin nad vyrabotannym prostranstvom v konkretnykh gorno-geologicheskikh usloviyakh [Methodical instructions on the natural determination of the height of the zone of water-conducting cracks above the excavation in specific geological conditions], Leningrad, VNIMI, 1973, 32 p.
11. Gusev V. N., Mironov A. S., Ilyukhin D. A. Patent RU 2477792, S1, MPK E21S 39/00, 20.03.2013.
12. PB 07-269-98. Pravila okhrany sooruzheniy i prirodnykh ob"ektov ot vrednogo vliyaniya podzemnykh gornykh razrabotok na ugol'nykh mestorozhdeniyakh: utv. Mintopenergo RF 16.03.1998 : vvod. v deystvie s 01.10.1998 [PB 07-269-98. Protection Regulations of constructions and natural objects from harm-ful influence of underground mining in coal deposits: approved. Mintopenergo RF 16.03.1998, enter. with effect from 01.10.1998], Saint-Petersburg,
VNIMI, 1998, 291 p.
13. Protosenya A. G., Kutepov Yu. Yu. Stability estimation of hydraulic fills in undermined areas. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten’. 2019, no 3, pp. 97—112. DOI: 10.25018/0236-1493-2019-03-0-97-112. [In Russ].
14. Shpakov P. S., Dolgonosov V. N., Nagibin A. A., Kaygorodova E. V. Modeling stress–strain state of rocks around stoping zone in Phase 2 program. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten’. 2015, no 9, pp. 59—66. [In Russ].