EXPERIMENTAL INVESTIGATIONS OF STRUCTURAL CHANGES OF PYRITE-CONTAINING ORES MINERAL GRAINS IN THE MICROWAVE FIELDS
One of the most promising types of influence on the physico-mechanical properties of rocks and ores are the fields of the microwave range. In the study of effective softening and reducing the energy intensity of grinding of minerals of strong ores with microwave exposure, it is necessary to determine the optimal parameters of the latter, such as the exposure time of the microwave waves and the heating temperature of the rock. The results of experimental studies of structural changes in pyrite-containing ores at the optimum time of microwave exposure are presented. Structural changes were calculated based on the results of X-ray diffraction studies. Analyzed the relative changes in the size of mosaic blocks, density of dislocations located on the boundary of blocks and causing their disorientation, dislocation density inside blocks, maximum local stresses at the block boundary, average local stresses inside the block before and after microwave exposure. A mechanism of structural transformations in pyrite grains with an increase in temperature during microwave exposure is proposed. The phenomenon of temperature stabilization occurring in pyrite-containing ore in the range of exposure to microwave waves for about 3 minutes is explained by the redistribution of dislocations inside the grains and their predominant accumulation at the boundary of pyrite grains.
For citation: Babich A. V., Vinnikov V. A. Experimental investigations of structural changes of pyritecontaining ores mineral grains in the microwave fields. MIAB. Mining Inf. Anal. Bull. 2019;(6):106-114. [In Russ]. DOI: 10.25018/0236-1493-2019-06-0-106-114.
: 622.02.112; 622.023DOI
: Babich A. V., Vinnikov V. A.
A.V. Babich, Graduate Student, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org,
V.A. Vinnikov, Dr. Sci. (Phys. Mathem.), Head of Chair,
National University of Science and Technology «MISiS», 119049, Moscow, Russia.
Corresponding author: V.A. Vinnikov, e-mail: email@example.com.Key words
Pyrite-containing ore, microwave exposure, optimum microwave exposure time, stabilization temperature, structural changes in pyrite grains.References
1. Maksimenko A. G., Uvarov A. P. Combination UHF–mechanical effect on rocks. Primenenie SVCH energii v tekhnologicheskikh protsessakh i nauchnykh issledovaniyakh. Vsesoyuznaya VI nauchno prakticheskaya konferentsiya. Saratov, 1991, pp. 71—73.
2. Petrov V. M. New radionics applications: Softening of rocks by high-intensity UHF electromagnetic field. Informost. Radioelektronika i Telekommunikatsii. 2002, no 22, pp. 63—72. [In Russ].
3. Yatsenko S. N., Yatsenko Ì. À., Doroshev Y. S. Promising development of new methods for destruction of rocks. European science, 2016, no 6(16), pp. 13—17.
4. Sultanalieva R. M. Specific energy content and optimal temperature of hard ore after treatment by UHF waves. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten’. 2015, no 11, pp. 148—152. [In Russ].
5. Tazhibaev K. T., Sultanalieva R. M. Energy-saving method of hard ore milling. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten’. 2015, no 12, pp. 76—82. [In Russ].
6. Tazhibaev K. T., Sultanalieva R. M. Research results on regularities of change in ore temperature versus time of treatment by UHF waves. Våstnik Kyrgyzsko-Rossiyskogo slavyanskogo univårsitåta. 2015. Vol. 15, no 5, pp. 135—140. [In Russ].
7. Babich A. V., Vinnikov V. A. On the Determination of the Optimum Time of Microwave Exposure to Pyrite-Containing Ore. Journal of Mining and Geological Sciences, 2018, Vol. 61, Part II. pp. 24—27.
8. Zil'bershmidt M. G., Zavorykina T. K. Metody analiza strukturnogo sostoyaniya gornykh porod [Analysis techniques for structural condition of rocks], Part 1, Moscow, Izd-vo MGI, 1989. pp. 88.
9. Martin Chaplin. Water and Microwaves. Water Structure and Science, http://www1.lsbu.
ac.uk/water/microwave_water.html (accessed 12.05.2019).
10. Tazhibaev K. T., Sultanalieva P. M., Akmatalieva M. S., Tazhibaev D. K. Method of highstrength ore preparation for processing. Izvåstiya Kyrgyzskogo gosudarstvånnogo tåkhnichåskogo univårsitåta im. I. Razzakova. 2014, no 33, pp. 336—340. [In Russ].
11. Like Q., Jun D. Analysis on the growth of different shapes of mineral microcracks in microwave field. Frattura ed Integrità Strutturale, 2016, no 37, pp. 342—351.
12. Kingman S. W., Vorster W., Rowson N. A., The influence of mineralogy on microwave assisted grinding. Minerals engineering, 2015, no 22 (1), pp. 160—163.
13. Like Q., Jun D. Meso-mechanics Simulation Analysis of Microwave-assisted Mineral Liberation. Frattura ed Integrita Strutturale, 2015, no 34 (34), pp. 543—553.