MAGNETITE AND QUARTZ SURFACE CONDITION IN FERRO-MAGNETIC SUSPENSION
The study focuses on interaction between monomineral fractions of quartz and magnetite in aqueous environment. The interaction conditions and mechanism of the minerals in an alkaline water medium are found. In the course of wet grinding, submicron-size particles of quartz vigorously attach to the surface of basic ore mineral—magnetite, which reduces efficiency of mineral dissociation, levels difference in their surface properties and, as a consequence, degrades their disintegration in a real separation medium. Attraction, attachment and holding of submicron-size quartz particles is promoted by mechanical forces of grinding and by charges caused by natural piezoelectric effect on the surface of quartz. The optimal adhesion activities of submicron-size particles of ferruginous quartz and magnetite lie in the same interval of pH = 7.5–9.5 and are characterized with the same wettability. The minimum force of adhesion interaction in the liquid medium of separation for the contacting submicron-size particles is 6.7 · 10–7 dyne for quartz and 20.6 · 10–7 dyne for magnetite. It is shown that attraction, strong attachment and holding of submicron-size quarts particles on the surface of magnetite during their joint wet grinding is facilitated by the condition and medium of disintegration.
For citation: Gzogyan S. R. Magnetite and quartz surface condition in ferro-magnetic suspension. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten'. 2019;5:189-199. [In Russ]. DOI: 10.25018/02361493-2019-05-0-189-199.
: Gzogyan S. R.
S.R. Gzogyan, Senior Researcher, е-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org,
Belgorod State National Research University, 308015, Belgorod, Russia.Key words
Magnetite, quartz, submicron-size particles, electron microscopy, wetting angle, pH, potential, attachment and holding.References
1. Gzogyan T. N. Theoretical and experimental studies of high-quality concentrates. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten’. 2010, no 4, pp. 389—393. [In Russ].
2. Rath, Rajendra Kumar., Mohanty, Sunati., Nayak, Bibhuranjan, Singh, Ratnakar, Bhattachrya, Kalyan Kumar. A comparative study on processing of high alumina hematite iron ore by gravity, magnetic and flotation methods. Journal of Materials Science and Engineering A, 2013, 3(5), pp. 349—354.
3. Vinnikov V. A., Bocharov V. A., Ignatkina V. A., Zilbershmidt M. G., Gzogyan T. N. Environmental resource — economized processes of recycling mineral raw materials of complex composition. Environment. Technology. Resources Proceedings of the 9th International Scientific and Praktikal Conference. Vol. 1. Rezeknes Augstskola. Rezekne. RA Izdevnieciba. 2013, рр. 209—215.
4. Gzogyan S. R. Research on the consolidation of submicron particles of quartz on the surface of ore minerals jaspilites. Nauchnye vedomosti BelGU. 2017, no 25, вып. 4, pp. 109—115. [In Russ].
5. Zimon A. D. Kolloidnaya khimiya [Colloid chemistry], Moscow, Krasand, 2015, 342 p.
6. Drzymala J. Mineral processing: fundamentals of theory and practice from minerallurgy. Wroclaw: Wroclaw University of Technology, 2007, 510 р.
7. Gzogyan S. R., Chanturiya E. L. The current state of the theory and practice of obtaining high-quality magnetite concentrates. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten’. 2010, no 5, pp. 63—69. [In Russ].
8. Papalambros P. Y., Wilde D. J. Principles of optimal design: modeling and computation, Third ed. Cambridge University Press, New York, NY; Cambridge, United Kingdom. 2017. 376 p.
9. Bhadani K., Asbjörnsson G., Hulthén T., Evertsson M. Application of multi-disciplinary optimization architectures in mineral processing simulations. Minerals Engineering. 128, Nov. 2018, Pp. 27—35.
10. Sultanalieva R. M. Determination of the parametres structural state of rocks X-RAY method. Vestnik Kyrgyzsko-Rossiyskogo Slavyanskogo universiteta, 2017, vol. 17, no 8, pp. 197—200. [In Russ].
11. Gzogyan S. R. Analysis of the influence of the liquid medium of obtaining concentrates for the homeless metallurgy. The European Journal of Technical and Natural Sciences, Premier Publishing s.r.o. 2018, vol. 4, Рp. 46—49.
12. Oliazadeh M., Vazirizadeh A. Removing impurities from iron ores: methods and industrial cases. XXVIII IMPC, Quebec, September 11—15, 2016. Paper 711. Pp. 1—13.