IMPROVEMENT OF ECONOMIC EFFICIENCY OF THE HIGH-ANGLE CONVEYOR KNK-270 AT NAVOI MINING AND METALLURGICAL COMBINAT
Open pit mining develops currently through extensive operations at greater depths, which results in an increase in depth of open pit mines and in haulage distance. As a consequence, economic problems aggravate and transportation cost rises. One of the ways out is transition to cyclical-and-continuous method in this case. Muruntau open pit mine of Navoi Mining and Metallurgical Combinat adhered to this solution by installing elevating belts, which enabled reduction in transportation cost and mitigation of ecological impact exerted by dump trucks on working area. Expenditures yet grew with an increase in the depth of mining though much slower. Later on, a high-angle conveyor (KNK-270) was installed in the open pit mine, which was the largest conveyor in the world. Muruntau mine has saved $ 2.7 million. Further improvement of transportation efficiency should be reached through reduction in operating cost of the conveyor, enhancement of its maintenance quality, decrease in downtime, abridgement of in-process loss, optimization of expenses on materials, etc. From the analysis, with KNK-270, more than 30% of overall downtime is governed by belt faults. Basically, this time is spent for trouble shooting, belt mating and installation of a new belt instead of worn-out. For the belt monitoring, the Navoi State Mining Institute has designed a defect detector–rupture finder to control ropes and belt tears. The article shows that the Navoi State Mining Institute has examined the belt mating technique and proposed a new approach to this effect. The strength of the belt joint made by the Institute’s method and by the technique employed in the open pit mine is determined experimentally. It is found that the proposed method of belt mating allows twice as high strength as the current technique as well as twice as long life. Finally, it is determined that using the defect detector–rupture finder to prevent belt tears and the proposed method of rubber belt mating allows cutting down expenses on coupling materials in amount of $ 12700 within a year and realizing profit in amount of more than USD 3 million owing to incremental production of ore.
For citation: Atakulov L. N., Sheshko O. E. Improvement of economic efficiency of the high-angle conveyor KNK-270 at Navoi Mining and Metallurgical Combinat . Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten'. 2019;5:181-188. [In Russ]. DOI: 10.25018/0236-1493-2019-05-0-181-188.
: 622.013.364 DOI
: Atakulov L. N., Sheshko O. E.
L.N. Atakulov, Candidate of Technical Sciences, Assistant Professor,
Navoi State Mining Institute, 210100, Navoi, Uzbekistan,
O.E. Sheshko, Candidate of Economical Sciences, Assistant Professor,
Institute of Economics and Management of Industrial Enterprises,
National University of Science and Technology «MISiS»,
119049, Moscow, Russia, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Corresponding author: O.E. Sheshko, e-mail: email@example.com.Key words
Belt tearing, mating method, defect detector, cost reduction, expenses, downtime, efficiency.References
1. Sandwich Belt High Angle Conveyor for…Mining & In Pit Crushing Conveying. 2017. URL: http://bevconwayors.com/product/sandwich-belt-high-angle-conveyor-for-mining-in-pit-crushingconveying/ (accessed: 12.12.2018).
2. Dos Santos J. A. Sandwich Belt High Angle Conveyors Coal Mine to Prep Plant and Beyond. Proceedings of the XVIII International Coal Preparation Congress. Cham: Springer International Publishing, 2016. Pp. 111—118.
3. Sheshko O. E. Comparative assessment of environmental capacity of dump trucks and diesel electric trucks. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten’. 2018, no 6, pp. 119—125. [In Russ].
4. Sanakulov K. S., Umarov F. YA., Shemetov P. A. Cost reduction in deep open pits on the basis of use of the high angle conveyor as a part of the in-pit crushing and conveying system (PCCS). Gornyy zhurnal. 2013, no 1, pp. 8—12. [In Russ].
5. The effective system of monitoring for conveyer belts of the company Conti Tech. Conti Tech Transportbandsystem GmbH D-37154 Norten, Germany, 2014, pp. 1—8. IJRD7843.pdf.
6. Mumtaj S., Dhamodharan K., Hari Prasad K., Kamesh Gautham B. Automatic control and protection of Coal Conveyor System using PIC, Annals of Civil and Environmental Engineering. 04 May 2018. p/1—10/ Heghten Science, DOI: 10.29328/journal. acee. 1001009. ISSN 25740350.
7. Keerthika R., Jagadeeswari M. Coal Conveyor Belt Fault Detection and Control in Thermal power plant using PLC and SCADA. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Engineering & Technology (IJARCET) Vol. 4 Issue 4, April 2015.
8. Galkin V. I. Evaluation of monitoring systems of state of conveyor belts for the mining industry. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten’. 2019, no 3, pp. 166—174. DOI: 10.25018/0236-1493-2019-03-0-166-174.
9. Atakulov L. N., Toshov Zh. B., Kakharov S. K., Khaydarov Sh. B. A break detection method of the steel-cable belts in places of their joining. Gornyy vestnik Uzbekistana. 2018, no 3, pp. 61—64. [In Russ].
10. Atakulov L. N., Kakharov S. K., Khaydarov Sh. B. Choice of an optimum method of joining steel-cable conveyer belts. Gornyy zhurnal. 2018, no 9, pp. 97—99. [In Russ].
11. Conveyor belts for inclined lifts http://ctcmetar.ru/transport-glubokih-karerov/8961-konveyernye-lenty-dlya-naklonnyh-podemnikov.html, 2017
12. Polunin V. T., Gulenko G. N. Ekspluatatsiya moshchnykh konveyerov [Exploitation of powerful conveyors], Moscow, Nedra, 1986, 344 p.
13. Galkin V. I., Sazankova E. S. Design features of the steel-cable belts for belt conveyors in mining industry. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten’. 2014, no 5, pp. 172—179. [In Russ].
14. www.qbelts.ru/catalog/.../steel_cord_conveyor_belts_stahlcord/ резинотросовые конвейерные ленты STAHLCORD®.