SATELLITE IDENTIFICATION OF MINERAL DEPOSITS UNDER OPEN PIT MINING
Satellite monitoring gains an increasing relevancy in mineral mining in recent years for evolutive digitization of economic sector in general and in the mining industry in particular assumes overall automatization and robotization. In this regard, some organizational and technical problems arise in the context of intelligent support of the automatization process within an industry, a mine, individual unmanned robotic facilities and loading/hauling equipment. Computer-vision systems of mobile robot devices in communication with satellite identification of objects on the ground surface, especially in an open pit mine field, can solve these problems at minimum cost in case of efficient usage of free remote sensing data. In the article, the studies of monitoring and analysis of subsoil use objects with the help of satellite data are discussed in terms of regular mineral mining. Substantiation is provided for the new approach application in the analysis of remote sensing data in open pit mine studies, and the tested package of research methods of subsoil use objects is presented. The research results can among other things be useful for conservation organizations and law machinery to show up mining lease trespasses or illegal mineral production as well as to supervise land reclamation. The studies used archival high-resolution images and other free-access sources.
For citation: Kramarov S. O., Khramov V. V., Mityasova O. Yu. Satellite identification of mineral deposits under open pit mining . Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten'. 2019;5:72-79. [In Russ]. DOI: 10.25018/0236-1493-2019-05-0-72-79.
: Kramarov S. O., Khramov V. V., Mityasova O. Yu.
S.O. Kramarov, Doctor of Physical and Mathematical Sciences,
Professor, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org,
Surgut State University (SurSU), 628412, Surgut,
Tyumen region, Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug — YUGRA, Russia,
V.V. Khramov, Candidate of Technical Sciences,
Assistant Professor, Leading Researcher,
Southern University (Institute of Management, Business and Law),
344068, Rostov-on-Don, Rostov oblast, Russia,
O.Yu. Mityasova, Lecturer of IT subjects,
Egorlykskiy College, 347660, stanitsa Egorlykskaya,
Rostov region, Russia.
Corresponding author: S.O. Kramarov, e-mail: email@example.com.Key words
Satellite monitoring, subsoil use, identification, open pit mine, digital image, minerals, data analysis, object boundaries.References
1. Rosmining. Russian Mining Resource. The biggest Russian quarries, available at: http:// www.mining-portal.ru/publish/samyie-krupnyie-kareryi-rossii/ (accessed 20.12.2018).
2. Skripchinskiy A. V., Anikeeva A. S., Roman A. N. Methodological aspects of space monitoring of subsoil use common minerals in the Stavropol region. Nauka. Innovatsii. Tekhnologii. 2016, no 3, pp. 177—194. [In Russ].
3. Trubetskoy K. N., Ryl'nikova M. V. Situation and prospects of open-pit mining development in the XXI century. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten’. 2015, no S45-1, pp. 21—32. [In Russ].
4. Mityasova O. Yu., Akperov I. G., Kramarov S. O., Khramov V. V. Certificate of state registration of computer programs No 2017615097. 2017.
5. Sowmya D. R., P. Deepa Shenoy, Venugopal K. R. Remote sensing satellite image processing techniques for image classification: a comprehensive survey. International Journal of Computer Applications, 2017, Vol. 161, No 11, pp. 24—37.
6. Kekovalı K., Kalafat D. Detecting of mining-quarrying activities in Turkey using satellite imagery and its correlation with daytime to nighttime ratio analysis. Journal of the Indian Society of Remote Sensing, 2014, No 42(1), pp. 227—232.
7. Haoteng Zhao, Yong Ma, Fu Chen, Jianbo Liu, Liyuan Jiang, Wutao Yao, Jin Yang. Monitoring quarry area with landsat long time-series for socioeconomic study. Remote Sensing, 2018, 10(4), 517.
8. Akperov I. G., Kramarov S. O., Khramov V. V., Mityasova O. Yu., Povkh V. I. Patent RU 2640331. 11.12.2015, available at: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=35057862 (accessed 20.12.2018).
9. Chaadaev A. S., Zyryanov I. V., Bondarenko I. F. Current state and development prospects of processing technologies at diamond mines of ALROSA.Gornaya promyshlennost'. 2017, no 2 (132), pp. 6. [In Russ].
10. Bradley D., Roth G. Adaptive thresholding using the integral image. Journal of Graphics Tools, 2007, Issue 2, Vol. 12, pp. 13—21.
11. Salim P. M., Jais M. A. M., Sahriman N., Samad A. M., Abbas M. A., Maarof I., Tarmizi N. M. Monitoring quarry areas using remote sensing techniques. IEEE 13th International Colloquium on Signal Processing and its Applications, CSPA 2017. Conference proceedings. New York, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc., 2017, pp. 323—328, available at: https://doi. org/10.1109/CSPA.2017.8064974 (accessed 20.12.2018).
12. Kramarov S., Temkin I., Khramov V. The principles of formation of united geo-informational space based on fuzzy triangulation. Procedia Computer Science, 2017, No 120, рр. 835—843, URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=3548897 (accessed 20.12.2018).