CLASSIFICATION OF COAL SEAMS BY FEATURES OF GEOLOGICAL STRUCTURE AND CHARACTERISTICS OF BREAKING
Based on the earlier research findings on characteristics of breaking and geological structure, the database has been compiled for coal seams under mining in the territory of Russia. The sco of the research embraced around 300 coal seams for which the structural behavior and contents of pe coal, dirt bands and solid inclusions were determined. To this effect, the data of in-situ instrumental measurements of strength and structural features were used. Additionally, statistics and geological description of coal seams by structural columns were involved. The research was aimed to use the resultant database for typification of coal seams by their geological structure and breaking characteristics. The developed typifications served for classification of coal seams as media subjected to disintegration. The proposed procedure is a tool for selecting parameters of coal cutting machines, and the classification allows ranking of coal seams by the integral structure–breakability estimate on the scale from the easiest to the most difficult.
For citation: Zakharov V. N., Linnik V. Yu., Linnik Yu. N., Zhabin A. B. Classification of coal seams by features of geological structure and characteristics of breaking. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten'. 2019;5:5-12. [In Russ]. DOI: 10.25018/0236-1493-2019-05-0-5-12
: Zakharov V. N., Linnik V. Yu., Linnik Yu. N., Zhabin A. B.
V.N. Zakharov, Corresponding Member of Russian Academy of Sciences, Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor,
Institute of Problems of Comprehensive Exploitation of Mineral Resources of Russian Academy of Sciences, 111020, Moscow, Russia,
V.Yu. Linnik (1), Doctor of Economical Sciences, Assistant Professor, Professor, e-mail: email@example.com,
Yu.N. Linnik (1), Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor,
A.B. Zhabin, Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor, Full Member of the Academy of Mining Sciences, Tula State University, 300012, Tula, Russia,
1) State University of Management, 109542, Moscow, Russia.
Corresponding author: V.Yu. Linnik, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.Key words
Coal seam, database, cuttability, geological structure of coal seams, solid inclusions, dirt bands, integral estimate, breakability, classification, typification.References
1. Pozin E. Z., Melamed V. Z., Ton V. V. Razrushenie ugley vyemochnymi mashinami [Coal destruction by mining machines], Moscow, Nedra, 1984, 288 p.
2. Zhabin A. B., Lavit I. M., Chebotarev A. N., Polyakov A. V. Application of fracture mechanics methods for calculation of loads acting on cutters of mining machines for coal mining. Gornoe oborudovanie i elektromekhanika. 2017, no 3, pp. 28—34. [In Russ].
3. Titov S. V., Myshlyaev B. K. Operating characteristics of the downhole scraper conveyors in the mechanized systems. Gornye mashiny i avtomatika. 2003, no 7, pp. 2—5. [In Russ].
4. Hebel G., Hemmer W., Lemmes F. Der Einsats von Schramwalzen bei fallendem verhieb.
Gluckauf. 1986, vol. 122, No 21, pp. 1391—1392.
5. Hurt K.G., Mcstravich F.G. High Perfomanco Shoaror Drum Dosing. Colliery Guardian, Dec. 1988. Vol. 236, No 12.
6. Rui Zhang, Zhengfu Ning, Feng Yang, Huawei Zhao, Qing Wang A laboratory study of the porosity-permeability relationships of shaleand sandstone under effective stress. International Journal of Rock Mechanics & Mining Sciences, 2016, Vol. 81, pp. 19—27.
7. Vladimir Andjelkovic, Nenad Pavlovic, Zarko Lazarevic, Velimir Nedovic Modelling of shear characteristics at the concrete–rock mass interface. International Journal of Rock Mechanics & Mining Sciences, 2015, Vol. 76, pp. 222—236.
8. Matthias Klawitter, Joan Esterle, Sarah Collins A study of hardness and fracture propagation in coal. International Journal of Rock Mechanics & Mining Sciences, 2015, Vol. 76, pp. 237—242.
9. Gao Wei Study on the width of the non-elastic zone in inclined coal pillar for strip mining.
International Journal of Rock Mechanics & Mining Sciences, 2014, Vol. 72, pp. 304—310.
10. Linnik Yu.N., Linnik V.Yu. Calculation of the parameters of the executive bodies of treatment machines on the basis of an electronic databank on the characteristics of the fracture of coal seams. Gornoe oborudovanie i elektromekhanika. 2011, no 2, pp. 42—50. [In Russ].
11. Gendler S. G., Grishina A. M., Kochetkova E. A. Optimization of expenditures for labor protection at deep mining. Eurasian Mining. 2017. No 2. C. 35—39.
12. Sidorenko A. A., Sishchuk J. M., Gerasimova I. G. Underground mining of multiple coal seams: problems and solutions. Eurasian Mining. 2016. No 2. C. 11—15.
13. Pozin E. Z., Melamed V. Z., Azovtseva S. M. Izmel'chenie ugley pri rezanii [Crushing of coal during cutting], Moscow, Nauka, 1977, 138 p.
14. Pozin E. Z., Melamed V. Z., Azovtseva S. M. Otsenka stepeni khrupkosti uglya po ego sposobnosti k izmel'cheniyu [Assessment of the degree of fragility of coal by its ability to grind]. Fiziko-mekhanicheskie svoystva ugley i gornykh porod i metody ikh razrusheniya: Collection of scientific articles, issue 155], IGD im. A.A. Skochinskogo, 1977, pp. 3—11. [In Russ].
15. Kuntysh M. F., Baronskaya E. I. Metody otsenki svoystv ugol'nykh plastov slozhnogo stroeniya [Methods for assessing the properties of coal seams of complex structure], Moscow, Nauka, 1980, 142 p.
16. Gendler S. G., Kovshov S. V. Estimation and reduction of mining-induced damage of the environment and work area air in mining and processing of mineral stuff for the building industry. Eurasian Mining. 2016. No 1. pp. 45—49.
17. Buevich V. V., Gabov V. V., Zadkov D. A., Vasileva P. A. Adaptation of the mechanized roof support to changeable rock pressure. Eurasian Mining. 2015. No 2. pp. 11—14.
18. Zimin A. V., Bondarenko A. V., Trushin A. A. Automation and control equipment developed by rivs for mineral processing industry. Eurasian Mining. 2015. No 1. pp. 41—44.