HYDRAULIC EXCAVATORS IN COAL-RICH ZONES OF OPEN PIT MINES IN KUZBASS: EXPERIENCE AND PROSPECTS
In recent years, countries with developed mining industry have actually passed from mechanical shoveling to more productive and advanced hydraulic excavation equipment which improves overall efficiency of open pit mining. An alternative to morally obsolete shovels in open pit mines under operation and construction is hydraulic excavators with working mass of 500 t and more. The main advantages of hydraulic excavators, in particular, backhoe excavators, are freedom from stationary power sources, mobility, higher technological effectiveness both in stripping and extraction, and enhanced working capacity. For surface coal mines operating in complicated geological conditions in Kuzbass, the listed advantages are of concern. Excavation and loading in a zone of inclined coal seams is difficult as a bench height is limited by the height of dirt–coal interfaces digging both with power shovels and hydraulic excavators. In mining in complicated conditions (variable thickness and angle of occurrence of coal seams, multiple folds and disjunctions), it is of prime importance to select equipment effectually. This article presents some results of the quantitative and qualitative comparison of some excavation and loading machinery types and shows prospects for further research.
For citation: Kantovich L. I., Litvin O. I., Khoreshok A. A., Tyuleneva E. A. Hydraulic excavators in coal-rich zones of open pit mines in Kuzbass: Experience and prospects. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten'. 2019;4:152-160. [In Russ]. DOI: 10.25018/0236-1493-2019-04-0-152-160.
: Kantovich L. I., Litvin O. I., Khoreshok A. A., Tyuleneva E. A.
L.I. Kantovich (1), Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor,
O.I. Litvin (1), Candidate of Technical Sciences, Head of Chair,
A.A. Khoreshok (2), Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor,
Director of a Mining Institute, e-mail: email@example.com,
D.A. Kuziev (1), Candidate of Technical Sciences, Assistant Professor,
A.V. Katsubin (2), Graduate Student, Director of the Surface Mining Office,
JSC «SUEK-Kuzbass», Leninsk-Kuznetskiy, Russia,
E.A. Tyuleneva (2), Graduate Student,1 National University of Science and Technology «MISiS», 119049, Moscow, Russia,
2) Kuzbass State Technical University named after T. Gorbachev,
650000, Kemerovo, Russia.
Corresponding author: L.I. Kantovich, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.Key words
Power shovels, hydraulic excavators, open pit mining, complex-structure coal deposits, process flow sheets, excavation and loading equipment selection.References
1. Repin N. Ya., Repin L. N. Vyemochno-pogruzochnye raboty: Uchebnoe posobie. 2-e izd. [Excavation and loading: Educational aid, 2nd edition], Moscow, Izd-vo «Gornaya kniga», 2012, 267 p.
2. Anistratov Yu. I., Anistratov K. Yu. Tekhnologicheskie protsessy otkrytykh gornykh rabot [Open pit mining processes], Moscow, OOO «NTTS «Gornoe delo», 2008, 448 p.
3. Kolesnikov V. F., Koryakin A. I., Strel'nikov A. V. Tekhnologiya vedeniya vyemochnykh rabot s primeneniem gidravlicheskikh ekskavatorov [Winning technology with hydraulic excavators], Kemerovo, Kuzbassvuzizdat, 2008, 144 p.
4. Anistratov K. Yu. Open pit mine excavators—hydraulics or rope? Ugol'. 2010, no 6, pp. 31—35. [In Russ].
5. Mart'yanov V. L. Complexity estimation in open pit-field coal mining in Kuzbass. Tekhnika i tekhnologiya gornogo dela. 2018, no 1, pp. 35—41. [In Russ].
6. Litvin O., Tyuleneva E., Kolesnikov V., Dobrov A. Coal-bearing zone transformation into a coalless one at the open pit / E3S Web of Conf., 2018. Vol. 41. 01020. DOI: 10.1051/e3sconf/20184101020.
7. Litvin O. I. Obosnovanie ratsional'nykh tekhnologicheskikh parametrov proizvodstva vskryshnykh rabot obratnymi gidravlicheskimi lopatami na razrezakh Kuzbassa [Justification of rational technological parameters for stripping with hydraulic backhoe excavators in open pit mines in Kuzbass], Candidate’s thesis, Kemerovo, 2012. 119 p.
8. Kovalev V. A., Litvin O. I. Rational diameter of blastholes for overburden preparation to stripping with hydraulic backhoe excavators. Vestnik Kuzbasskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta. 2012, no 5, pp. 15—18. [In Russ].
9. Kolesnikov V. F., Cehlár M., Tyuleneva E. A. Overview of excavation and loading operations in the coal-bearing zones at Kuzbass open pit mines. Journal of Mining and Geotechnical Engineering. 2018, no 2. Pp. 36—49.
10. Vaneev A. V. Coal accessing scheme with haulage bridges to shorten coal and dirt load distance in the conditions of Arshanovsky open pit mine. Tekhnika i tekhnologiya gornogo dela. 2018, no 2, pp. 13—35. [In Russ].
11. Samolazov A. V., Paladeeva N. I., Belikov A. A. Basic trends in development of truck-and-excavator systems. Gornaya promyshlennost'. 2009, no 4, pp. 20—23. [In Russ].
12. Merzlyakov V. G., Slesarev B. V., Shteyntsayg V. M. Operation experience of hydraulic excavators manufactured by Komatsu Mining, Germany, in open pit mines in Russia. Gornoe oborudovanie i elektromekhanika. 2013, no 5, pp. 15—20. [In Russ].
13. Poderni R. Yu. Global market of modern excavation and loading equipment for open pit mining. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten’. 2015, no 2, pp. 148—167. [In Russ].
14. Katsubin A. V., Makridin E. V. Systematization of face excavation flow charts in open pit mines in Kuzbass. Tekhnika i tekhnologiya gornogo dela. 2018, no 1, pp. 81—88. [In Russ].
15. Ermolaev V. A., Selyukov A. V. Comparison of geological conditions in open pit mines. Tekhnika i tekhnologiya gornogo dela. 2018, no 2, pp. 50—64. [In Russ].
16. Tyulenev M. A., Pronoza V. G., Strel'nikov A. V. Matrix method for identification of hydraulic backhoe face charts. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten’. 2011, no S10, pp. 34—41. [In Russ].
17. Tyulenev M., Zhironkin S., Tyuleneva E., Abay A., Anyona S., Hellmer M. The calculation of coal losses in open pit faulted areas. Coal International. 2017. Vol. 265(3). Pp. 30—34.
18. Fedotov A. A., Garina E. A., Kokurin D. A. Some calculated results on coal loss in mining at disjunctions. Vestnik Kuzbasskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta. 2016, no 6 (118), pp. 15—24. [In Russ].
19. Tyulenev M. A., Garina E. A., Zhironkin S. A. The method of coal losses reducing at mining by shovels. International Journal of Mining and Mineral Engineering. 2016. Vol. 7(4). P. 363—370.
20. Demirel N., Taghizadeh A. et al. Optimization of the Excavator-and-Dump Truck Complex at Open Pit Mines — the Case Study. E3S Web Conf., 41 (2018), 01006