ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY FOR AUTOMATIC CONTROL OF OPERATION PARAMETERS IN MINERAL PROCESSING
This article is dedicated to the perspective technical tools developed by RIVS specialists in order to increase the efficiency of automatic control of various stages of the mineral processing. It includes «The system for monitoring the physic-chemical parameters of liquid phase of slurries and circulating water» and «The system for controlling of the particle size distribution and density of slurries». The first system provides operational data on the state of the liquid phase of slurries or circulating water on a number of key parameters: CaO concentration, pH, electrical conductivity and temperature with the aim of their further stabilization at the most effective level for the flotation separation of minerals. It is based on the laboratory titrimetric analysis process automation, which is the main method for controlling CaO concentration in industrial conditions. In certain conditions, CaO concentration could be obtained from pH or conductivity. But in practice when pH is more then 12 or product contains metal salts these parameters don’t correlate with CaO concentration. The second system allows to control the particle size distribution and the density of the product from the output of the comminution and gives an understanding of the product quality for further technological operations. The system is based on the method of direct measurement of the linear dimensions of particles in a sample of product, but with preliminary sample preparation by density. The main idea is to prepare the flow of probe on monolayer when it goes through the measurement chamber that consists of the movable measuring rod and the baseplate where particles are pressed. It allows to avoid the coalescence of the small particles by the coarse particles, that is a problem of most devices, set directly on the flow. The developed tools went through stages from primary laboratory prototypes to industrial designs. The work resulted in successful implementations at a number of mineral processing plants, which led to an increase in the efficiency of stabilizing the state of recycled water through the first system, as well as improving the quality of the preparation of the grinding product using the second system. The article also discusses the advantages and disadvantages of alternative methods for monitoring the abovementioned parameters.
: 681.586.35: 681.586.732DOI
: Germanov A. A., Trushin A. A., Tikhonov N. O., Tregubov A. A.
Germanov A.A., Head of Advanced Technology Development Group,
Trushin A.A., Candidate of Technical Sciences, CEO Adviser,
Tikhonov N.O., Candidate of Technical Sciences,
Director of Comminution and Sizing Department,
Tregubov A.A., Mechanical Design Engineer,
Scientific and Production Association «RIVS»,
199155, Saint-Petersburg, Russia.Key words
Mineral processing, residual CaO concentration, alkalinity, pH, particle size distribution, grinding size, slurry density, comminution, flotation.References
1. Lynch Alban Comminution Handbook. Australia: The Australasian Institution of Mining and Metallurgy, 2015. 323 p.
2. Bondarenko A. V. Variant razvitiya avtomaticheskikh sistem analiticheskogo kontrolya pul'p [One way for improvement of slurry analytical control automatic systems], Gornyy zhurnal. 2010, no 10, pp. 75—80. [In Russ].
3. Bondarenko A. V., Zakharov P. A., SHevelev E. S. Sozdanie avtomaticheskoy sistemy oprobovaniya pul'povykh produktov dlya gorno-obogatitel'nykh kombinatov [Slurry samples testing automatic system development for mineral processing plants], Gornyy zhurnal. 2016, no 11, pp. 75—79. [In Russ].
4. Ikumapayi F. K., Makitalo M., Johansson B., K. Hanumantha Rao. Recycling process water in complex sulphide ore flotation. XXVI International Mineral Processing Congress. (IMPC): Conference Proceedings, 2012, Book 2, Paper 691, p. 4411.
5. Boujounoui K. et al. The influence of water quality on the flotation performance of complex sulphide ores: Case study at Hajar Mine, Morocco. Journal of the Southern African Institute of Mining and Metallurgy, 2015, Vol. 115, No. 12, pp. 1243—1251.
6. Arustamyan K. M., Romanenko S. A. Podgotovka oborotnoy vody s tsel'yu povysheniya tekhnologicheskikh pokazateley na primere Nikolaevskoy obogatitel'noy fabriki [Recycled water preparation for enhancement of operation indicators in case of «Nikolayev» factory], Gornyy zhurnal. 2016, no 11, pp. 60—64. [In Russ].
7. Kanterev V. M., Kazakov A. V., Kulakov M. V. Potentsiometricheskie i titrimetricheskie pribory [Potentiometric and titrimetric devices], Moscow, Mashinostroenie, 1969, 308 p.
8. Tikhonov O. N. Avtomatizatsiya proizvodstvennykh protsessov na obogatitel'nykh fabrikakh [Automation of mineral processing unit operations], Moscow, Nedra, 1985, 422 p.
9. Topchaev V. P., Topchaev A. V., Lapidus M. V. Promyshlennyy potochnyy avtomaticheskiy granulometr PIK-074P — osnova sistem avtomaticheskogo kontrolya i upravleniya kachestvom izmel'cheniya materialov [Industrial flow automatic granulometer PIK-074P — base for comminution and grinding automatic control systems], Tsvetnye metally. 2015, no 9, pp. 48—52. [In Russ].
10. Dukhin A. S., Goetz P. J., Xiaohua Fang, Somasundaran P. Monitoring nanoparticles in the presence of larger particles in liquids using acoustics and electron microscopy. Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 2010, Vol. 342, pp. 18—25.
11. Zimin A. V., Trushin A. A., Sedov A. V., Pozdnyakov A. L. Patent RU 2015129586/28, 17.07.2015.
12. Zimin A. V., Trushin A. A., Bondarenko A. V., Sedov A. V. Patent RU 2012145340/28, 24.10.2012.