ACCIDENT RATE ANALYSIS IN COAL MINES IN RUSSIA
The study aims to analyze accident rate and countermeasures in the coal mining and processing industry in Russia based on the structured statistical information. The study procedure consisted in systematization and generalization of data from the statistical reports provided by coal mines in form No. 2-TB (coal) for 2015 and quarterly reports on accident rate. Creation of the updated data base required for the analysis included such stages as: collection, processing, generalization and storage of data on emergences, accidents and injuries in quarter IV in 2015 and in quarters I–II in 2016. The resultant time history of accident rate in the coal mining industry and the relative index of accident rate Na enable estimation of accident rate distribution in separate federal districts of the country and in Russia as a whole. Moreover, distribution of accidents and injuries by types was examined, and the consequences of accidents and injuries were compared with the analytical data on economic damage. In the reporting year, as in 2014, there were 8 accidents in coal mines in Russia. At the same time, the rate of injuries considerably grew (by 32.1%), out of which 88% took place in underground mines. In 2015 three people died in accidents (in 2014, 9 people suffered in accidents, including 3 people dead). The number of injured in 2015 was 22, including 7 permanent injuries; nobody died. In 2014, 5 people suffered in accidents, out of which 2 lives were lost. Total economic disbenefit due to accidents and injuries in 2015 was 5673,4 million rubles, which was 2.6 times higher than in 2014 owing to a jump in damage due to accidents (21.6 times).
: 622; 613.62; 331.461; 331.463DOI
: Arhipov I. A., Filin A. E.
Arhipov I.A., Student, e-mail: email@example.com,
Filin A.E., Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor,
National University of Science and Technology «MISiS»,
119049, Moscow, Russia.Key words
Аccident rate, mining, coal industry, injury, economic disbenefit, statistical report.References
1. Plakitkina L. S. Razvitie dobychi i eksporta uglya v osnovnykh stranakh mira i Rossii v period 2000—2013 (2012) gg. Vyzovy i ugrozy razvitiya dobychi i eksporta uglya v Rossii v perspektivnom periode [Development of coal production and export in the main countries of the world and Russia in the period 2000—2013 (2012). Challenges and threats to the development of coal production and export in Russia in the long term], Gornaya promyshlennost'. 2014, no 2(114). [In Russ].
2. Statisticheskaya informatsiya organizatsiy ugol'noy promyshlennosti po forme № 2-TB (ugol') «Sosto-
yanie promyshlennoy bezopasnosti i okhrany truda» [Statistical information of coal industry organizations in the form № 2-TB (coal) «State of industrial safety and labor protection»].
3. Gornaya entsiklopediya. Pod red. E. A. Kozlovskogo. T. 2. Geosfery — Kenay [The mountain encyclopedia. Kozlovskiy E. A. (Ed.), Vol. 2. Geosphere — Kenai], Moscow, Sovetskaya entsiklopediya, 1985, 575 p.
4. Federal'nye normy i pravila v oblasti promyshlennoy bezopasnosti «Pravila bezopasnosti v ugol'nykh shakhtakh». Utv. prikazom Rostekhnadzora ot 19.11.2013 No 550 [Federal regulations and rules in the field of industrial safety «Safety rules in coal mines». Approved by the order of Rostekhnadzor of 19.11.2013 No 550].
5. Kalacheva L. V., Petrov I. V., Savon I. Yu. Obespechenie promyshlennoy i ekologicheskoy bezopasnosti na ugol'no-dobyvayushchem predpriyatii kak put' k sozdaniyu vysokoproizvoditel'nykh rabochikh mest [Ensuring industrial and environmental safety at the coal mining enterprise as a way to create high-performance jobs], Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten'. 2015, no 4, pp. 276—282. [In Russ].
6. Fomin A. I., Besperov D. A. Riski gibeli lyudey ot pozharov na poverkhnosti ugol'nykh predpriyatiy [Risks of loss of life from fires on the surface of coal enterprises]. Materialy XI nauchno-prakticheskoy konferentsii «Bezopasnost' zhiznedeyatel'nosti predpriyatiy v promyshlenno razvitykh regionakh» 24—25 November 2015. Kemerovo, KuzGTU im. T.F. Gorbacheva, 2015.
7. Kolesnikova L. A. Analiz sostoyaniya okruzhayushchey sredy v regionakh s gornodobyvayushchimi predpriyatiyami [Analysis of the state of the environment in the regions with mining enterprises], Ugol'. 2017, no 4 (1093), pp. 68—69. [In Russ].
8. Boyandinova A. A. Economic-mathematical model of cost price formation of open-pit’s mining and transport complex work / Proceedings of the 18th International Symposium MPES-2009. Banff, Alberta, Canada, November 16—19, 2009. Pp. 180—188.
9. Khair A. W. Reseach and Innovations for Continuous Miner’s Cutting Head for Efficient Cutting process of rock/coal. Department of Mining Engineering, West Virginia University, Morgantown, USA 17. 2001.
10. Roxborough F. F., Liu Z. C. Theoretical considerations on pick shape in rock and coal cutting / Proceeding of the Sixth Underground Operator’s Conference, Kalgoorlie. 1995. Pp. 189—193.
11. Bilgin N., Copur H., Balci C. Mechanical excavation in mining and civil industries. CRC Press, 2013. 353 p.
12. Bruce Cochrane. Tech Spec // Explosives Engineering. The journal of the Institute of explosive s engineers, December, 2014. P. 28—29.