EFFECT OF A PUBLIC-PRIVATE PARTNERSHIP ON INVESTMENT ATTRACTIVENESS OF GOLD MINING PROJECTS
At the present time, many gold mine projects lack investors for small and low-grade ore deposits. Application of innovative technologies of mining and processing is insufficient for the improvement of the investment attractiveness of a project. The governmental support is also required. A public–private partnership in the sphere of subsoil use is implemented as the creation of territories of advanced social and economic development. Residents in such territories are granted considerable tax remissions. The subject of this research is the gold mining project in the Far Eastern Region of Russia. Two scenarios of the project implementation are discussed—with and without the public–private partnership. In each scenario, money flows are modeled and economic efficiency indexes are determined. The analysis of the efficiency indexes shows that the gold mining projects become more attractive for investors in case of the public–private partnership: profit of industrialists and return on investment grow, efficiency of investments rise and payback period shortens. On the other hand, tax revenues decrease largely, and the public revenue is much lower than the private income. The public–private partnership decreases tax revenues but promotes attraction of private money resources in mining projects and stimulates private initiative. Furthermore, new jobs are created, employment grows, earnings are stabilized, infrastructure projects are effected, and, consequently, social-and economic development of a region goes to a next level.
: Kushnir M. A., Kushnir V. Yu.
Kushnir M.A., Candidate of Economical Sciences,
Assistant Professor, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org,
Kushnir V.Yu., Magister,
Institute of Economics and Management of Industrial Enterprises,
National University of Science and Technology «MISiS»,
119049, Moscow, Russia.Key words
Gold mining project, public–private partnership, territory of advanced social and economic development.References
1. Federal'nyy zakon ot 13.07.2015 ¹ 224 «O gosudarstvenno-chastnom partnerstve, munitsipal'no Federal'nyy zakon ot 13.07.2015 ¹ 224 «O gosudarstvenno-chastnom partnerstve, munitsipal'no-chastnom partnerstve v Rossiyskoy Federatsii i vnesenii izmeneniy v otdel'nye zakonodatel'nye akty Rossiyskoy Federatsii».-chastnom partnerstve v Rossiyskoy Federatsii i vnesenii izmeneniy v otdel'nye zakonodatel'nye akty Rossiyskoy Federatsii» [Federal law No. 224 of 13.07.2015 «On public-private partnership, municipal-private partnership in the Russian Federation and amendments to certain legislative acts of the Russian Federation»].
2. Federal'nyy zakon ot 29.12.2014 «O territoriyakh operezhayushchego sotsial'no-ekonomicheskogo razvitiya v Rossiyskoy Federatsii» (red. 03.07.2016) [Federal law of 29.12.2014 «On territories of advanced social and economic development in the Russian Federation» (ed. 03.07.2016)].
3. Strategiya sotsial'no-ekonomicheskogo razvitiya Dal'nego Vostoka i Baykal'skogo regiona na period do 2025 goda. (Utverzhdena rasporyazheniem pravitel'stva RF ot 28 dekabrya 2009 g, no 2094-r) [Strategy of socio-economic development of the Far East and the Baikal region for the period up to 2025. (Approved by the RF government decree of December 28, 2009, no 2094-p)].
4. Gosudarstvennyy doklad «O sostoyanii i ispol'zovanii mineral'no-syr'evykh resursov Rossiyskoy Federatsii v 2014 godu» [State report «On the state and use of mineral resources of the Russian Federation in 2014»].
5. Goosen E. V., Nikitenko S. M., Pakhomova E. O. Opyt realizatsii proektov GCHP v Rossii [Experience of PPP projects in Russia], EKO. 2015, no 2 (488). [In Russ].
6. Mazur I. I. Upravlenie proektami. Pod red. I. I. Mazura, V. D. Shapiro [Project management. Mazur I. I., Shapiro V. D. (Eds.)], Moscow, Izd-vo Omega-L, 2014.
7. Kossov V. V., Livshits V. N., Shakhnazarov A. G. Metodicheskie rekomendatsii po otsenke effektivnosti investitsionnykh proektov (vtoraya redaktsiya) [Methodological recommendations for assessing the effectiveness of investment projects (second edition)], Moscow, Ekonomika, 2000.
8. Metodika rascheta pokazateley i primeneniya kriteriev effektivnosti investitsionnykh proektov, pretenduyushchikh na poluchenie gosudarstvennoy podderzhki za schet sredstv Investitsionnogo fonda Rossiyskoy Federatsii [Method of calculation of indicators and application of criteria of efficiency of the investment projects applying for receiving the state support at the expense of means of Investment Fund of the Russian Federation]. Approved order of Ministry of economic development and the Ministry of Finance of the Russian Federation dated 23 may 2006, No. 139/82n.
9. Nikitenko S. M., Goosen E. V. Gosudarstvenno-chastnoe partnerstvo v nedropol'zovanii: novye vozmozhnosti dlya TEK Rossii [Public-private partnership in subsoil use: new opportunities for the Russian fuel and energy industry], Mineral'nye resursy Rossii. Ekonomika i upravlenie. 2017, no 1, pp. 27—32, https://mining-media.ru/ru/article/ekonomic/13201-gosudarstvennochastnogo-partnjorstva6
10. Delmon J. Private Sector Investment in Infrastructure: Project Finance, PPP Projects and Risk. The World Bank and Kluwer Law International, 2009, P. 7.
11. Going Global: the World of Public Private Partnerships. CBI. 2007. Ð. 15.
12. Grimsey D., Mervyn K. Lewis. Public Private Partnership: The Worldwide Revolution in Infrastructure Provision and Project Finance. UK: Edvard Elgar Publishing Limited, 2004.