FEASIBILITY STUDY FOR IN-PIT HIGH-GRADE COAL PRODUCTION AT BALAKHTINSKY COAL MINE, KRASNOYARSK REGION
It is proposed to produce high-grade coal—a premium fuel for municipal and domestic services—directly in an open pit mine, then to transport the final product to the surface and to keep it in an intermediate storage in special containers. Transition to the new technology assumes modification of the structure of the mining and transport equipment, namely, introduction of a mobile screening-and-crushing plant, technological transport facilities and special containers. Furthermore, it is required to arrange an intermediate storage site in the territory of open pit mine. The basic technical data of the introduced equipment are calculated, the equipment stock list is compiled and the process-and-transportation flow chart is developed for the in-pit operation in terms of Balakhtinsky open pit coal mine; thus, the technical feasibility of the introduction of the mentioned mining and transport machines is thereby proved. The analysis of the economic efficiency of this commercial proposal highlights advantages of the in-pit grading of coal as compared with the current approach when the mobile screening-and-crushing plant is placed and operated on the pitwall. The new technology will eliminate the loss of coal quality and quantity due to haulage to the daylight surface and storage, mitigate environmental impact of operations, free man power and vacate storage area. In-pit high-grade coal production at Balakhtinsky coal mine has positive effect on the cost of the final quality coal product: it is reduced by 9,28 Rub/t.
: Demtchenko I. I., Mulenkova A. O.
Demtchenko I.I., Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor,
Mulenkova A.O., Graduate Student, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org,
Siberian Federal University, 660025, Krasnoyarsk, Russia.Key words
High-grade coal, mobile screening-and-crushing plant, technological transport facilities, special container, cost.References
1. Tarazanov I. G. Itogi raboty ugol'noy promyshlennosti Rossii za yanvar'—sentyabr' 2017 goda [Performance of the coal mining industry in Russia in January–September 2017], Ugol'. 2018, no 1, pp. 18—34. [In Russ].
2. Yanovskiy A. B. Osnovnye tendentsii i perspektivy razvitiya ugol'noy promyshlennosti Rossii [Trends and development prospects in the coal mining industry in Russia], Ugol'. 2017, no 8, pp. 10—14. [In Russ].
3. Rong Zhang. New insights into the permeability-increasing area of over-lying coal seams disturbed by the mining of coal. Journal of Natural Gas Science and Engineering, 2018, No 1, рр.352—364.
4. Demchenko I. I., Butkin V. D., Kosolapov A. I. Resursosberegayushchie i ekologichnye tekhnologii obespecheniya kachestva ugleproduktsii: monografiya [Resource-saving and ecology-friendly technologies of quality coal production: monograph], Moscow, MAKS Press, 2006, 344 p.
5. Demchenko I. I., Mulenkova A. O. O vozmozhnosti razmeshcheniya pererabatyvayushchego oborudovaniya v zaboe razreza dlya polucheniya sortovogo uglya [Feasibility of in-pit arrangement of processing equipment for high-grade coal production], Izvestiya vuzov. Gornyy zhurnal. 2017, no 8, pp. 26—32. [In Russ].
6. Janusz S. Laskowski. Chapter 1 Coal preparation. Developments in Mineral Processing. Volume 14. 2001. Pр. 1—367
7. Richard Weinstein. Advances in dry jigging improves coal quality. Mining engineering. Upgrading coal quality through jigging. 2007. No 1. Pр. 29—34.
8. Drobil'no-sortirovochnoe oborudovanie Terex|Finlay, available at: http://terexfinlay-rus.ru (accessed 18.01.2018).
9. Jiuping Xu. Ecological coal mining based dynamic equilibrium strategy to reduce pollution emissions and energy consumption. Journal of Cleaner Production. 2017. No 11. Pр. 514—529.
10. Demchenko I. I., Kovalev V. A., Serebrennikov V. L., Mulenkova A. O., Demchenko A. I. Patent RU 2544983 MPK V65D 88/54, 2013.
11. Baskakov P. V. Logisticheskie printsipy organizatsii proizvodstva konteynernoy kompanii [Logistic principles of production management at a container manufacturing company], Transport: nauka, tekhnika, upravlenie: Sbornik obzornoy informatsii. 2007, no 8, pp. 42—44. [In Russ].
12. Utkina S. I. Ekonomika gornogo predpriyatiya [Economics of mining enterprise], Moscow, Izd-vo MGGU, 2003, 262 p.