SERPENTINE TUBULAR WHEEL-AND-BELT CONVEYOR FOR NORELOADING HAULAGE ALONG SPATIALLY CURVED ROUTE
The proposed serpentine tubular wheel-and-belt conveyor will solve one of the most urgent problems in development of the cyclical-and-continuous method of hard mineral mining: it will enable no-reloading haulage. In the curved sections of the haulage route in the horizontal plane, the conveyor supports are equipped with two rollers with vertical shafts communicating with the conveyor belt. The belt supports are connected by a pull chain allowing bending in the horizontal plane. This approach is particularly important for deep open pit mines. The conveyor incline in the hoist section can agree with the pit wall slope, which conditions essential cut-down in the hoist installation activities cost and reduction in the conveyor length. The wheel-and-belt conveyor is a combination of moving staircase and belts and is highly structurally compatible. The new type conveyor design should include maximum number of standard and unified parts and assemblies of modern escalators and belts (pull chains and intermediate rack-and-pinion drives), pullers and tighteners, tensioners and facilities for safe operation of escalators, as well as conveyor belt, drums and belt carrying rollers). The use of the intermediate rack-and-pinion drive in the inclined section of the belt conveyor instead of the drives at the head and tail chain gears removes major load from the pull chains, allows considerable reduction in size of the upper transition sections and decreases load on the primary rollers of belt supports. Furthermore, the installation of a number of intermediate drives enables no-reloading haulage.
: Mulukhov K.K., Beslekoeva Z.N.
Mulukhov K.K., Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor,
Beslekoeva Z.N., Candidate of Technical Sciences, Assistant Professor, e-mail: email@example.com,
North Caucasus Mining-and-Metallurgy Institute (State Technological University),
362021, Vladikavkaz, Republic of North Ossetia-Alania, Russia.Key words
Spatially curved route, reloading, wheel-and-belt conveyor, deep open pit mine, high-angle
conveyor, coarse mining loads, straps.References
1. Galkin V. I. Osobennosti ekspluatatsii trubchatykh lentochnykh konveyerov [Features of operation of tubular belt conveyors]. Gornoe oborudovanie i elektromekhanika. 2008, no 1. [In Russ].
2. Dmitriev V. G., Efimov V. S. Osobennosti dvizheniya lenty trubchatogo konveyera po izognutomu v gorizontal'noy ploskosti uchastku trassy [Features of tubular belt conveyor movement along a horizontally bended route section]. Izvestiya vuzov. Gornyy zhurnal. 2008, no 3. [In Russ].
3. Mulukhov K. K. Steep-angle conveyor for bulky run-of-mine ore. Transactions 2002, Vol. 312, SME, USA.
4. Mulukhov K. K. High efficiency Soviet belt conveyor handles bulky run-of-mine ores. Engineering and Mining Journal, October, 1977, USA.
5. Mulukhov K. K., Beslekoeva Z. N. Patent RU 157034, 24.03.2015.
6. Mulukhov K. K., Beslekoeva Z. N. Sintez mekhanizma upravleniya prizhimnymi elementami krutonaklonnogo lentochno-kolesnogo konveyera dlya krupnokuskovykh gruzov [Synthesis of control mechanism for hold-down elements of high-angle wheel-and-belt conveyor for coarse loads]. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten'. 2014, no 1, pp. 188—197. [In Russ].
7. Mulukhov K. K., Beslekoeva Z. N. Lentochno-kolesnye konveyery dlya krupnokuskovykh gornykh gruzov. Monografiya [Wheel-and-belt conveyor for coarse mining loads. Monograph], Vladikavkaz, SKGMI, 2016.
8. Mulukhov K. K., Beslekoeva Z. N. Patent RU 2455216, 10.07.2012.
9. Litvin F. I., Fuentes A. Gear Geometry and Applied Theory. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2004. 376 p.
10. Mulukhov K. K., Beslekoeva Z. N. Povyshenie nadezhnosti konstruktsii krutonaklonnogo lentochnokolesnogo konveyera dlya krupnokuskovykh gornykh gruzov [Improvement of reliability of high-angle wheeland-belt conveyor for coarse mining loads]. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten'. 2015, no 11, pp. 116—122. [In Russ].
11. Mulukhov K. K., Beslekoeva Z. N. Patent RU 2383742, 2010.
12. Mulukhov K. K., Beslekoeva Z. N. Sovershenstvovanie konstruktsii lopastnogo pitatelya dlya bezudarnoy zagruzki lentochnykh konveyerov krupnokuskovymi gruzami [Blade feeder design development for soft loading of belt conveyors with coarse elements ]. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten'. 2014, no 8, pp. 154—158. [In Russ].