MINE WATER TREATMENT BY ELECTRICAL DISCHARGE TO REDUCE SALINITY
In preparation, development and production mining, one of the pollutants to the environment is contaminated water. Conventional contamination of water flows to ground surface is mineralization and solid suspension. Mineralization is usually connected with salts of different metals, organic and inorganic, alkali and acid compounds. Suspended solids are removed from water by precipitation, or filtration through soil and embankments. Purification of dissolved compounds is carried out by chemical agents or by physical treatment using, inter alia, the known methods of thermal action, electrolysis and discharge. This article gives a review of water treatment by discharge as these methods exhibit the highest efficiency of water purification at low energy consumption with the current wastewater technologies. The results of destruction of inorganic impurities in water by electric discharge are reported. The effect of water treatment by electrical discharge aimed to remove ions of heavy metals is described. The principles of creation of streamer discharges in centimeter intervals above water surface under the atmospheric pressure are presented. It is shown that the integrated treatment by electrical discharge, physicochemical factors and varied streamer discharge frequency radiation results in destruction of organic and inorganic impurities in water. The application of the methods based on electrical discharge is a promising line of development in the technology of wastewater treatment and neutralization. Energy of electrical discharge changes chemical characteristics of water under treatment, influences content of ions and structure of dissolved organic substances in water and affects vital capacity of microorganisms without addition of chemical agents.
: Makal'skiy L. M., Kukhno A. V., Tsekhanovich O. M.
Makal'skiy L.M., Candidate of Technical Sciences, Assistant Professor,
Kukhno A.V., Graduate Student,
Tsekhanovich O.M., Candidate of Technical Sciences, Assistant Professor,
Gzhel state University, Moscow region, Ramensky district, Russia,
National Research University «Moscow Power Engineering Institute»,
111250, Moscow, Russia.Key words
Streamer discharge, influence of discharge on solution, heavy metal ions, removal of metal ions from water solutions, clarification of colloids, underground excavation, phenols, low-temperature
1. Smirnov B. M. Vvedenie v fiziku plazmy, 2-e izd. [Introduction to plasma physics, 2nd edition], Moscow, Nauka, 1982, 176 p.
2. Duribe V. Ch. Udalenie ionov zheleza iz vodnykh rastvorov okislitel'nym metodom [Removing iron ions from aqueous solutions of oxidizing method], Uspekhi khimii i khimicheskoy tekhnologii. 2011, no 5 (121), pp. 58—63. [In Russ].
3. Bogma M. V., Osmanova N. A., Eruzin A. A. Vliyanie obrabotki nizkotemperaturnoy plazmoy na khimicheskiy sostav i mikrobiologicheskie pokazateli lekarstvennogo rastitel'nogo syr'ya [Influence of low temperature plasma processing on chemical composition and microbiological indicators of medicinal vegetative raw material], Khimiya rastitel'nogo syr'ya. 2011, no 1, pp. 137—140. [In Russ].
4. Maksimov A. I., Khlyustova A. V., Troshenkova S. V. Vliyanie tleyushchego razryada na kislotnost' rastvorov elektrolitov [Glow effect on acidity of solutions of electrolytes], Elektronnaya obrabotka materialov. 2004, no 6, pp. 31—35. [In Russ].
5. Chen F. F. Lecture Notes on Principles of plasma processing. Los Angeles Plenum. Kluwer Publishers, University of California, 2002, 249 p.
6. Sunka P. Generation of chemically active species by electrical discharges in water. Plasma Sources Science and Technology. 1999. Vol. 8. no 2. pp. 258—260.
7. Sekine Y. Effective utilization of electrical discharges for hydrogen production. International Journal of Plasma Environmental Science and Technology. 2008. Vol. 2. pp. 72—75.
8. Les Renardieres Group. Positive discharges in long air gaps at Les Renardieres, 1975 Results and conclusions. Electra. 1977. no 53. pp. 31—153.
9. Efremov A. M., Svettsov V. I., Rybkin V. V. Vakuumno-plazmennye protsessy i tekhnologii [Vacuum plasma process and technology], Ivanovo, 2006, 260 p.
10. Polak L. S. Ocherki fiziki i khimii nizkotemperaturnoy plazmy [Essays on physics and chemistry of lowtemperature plasma], Moscow, Nauka, 1971, 436 p.
11. Vasil'ev A. I., Vasilyak L. M., Drigo A. L. Issledovanie «Advaced Oxidation Process» na primere rastvora metiloranzha v vode [Study on Process Compounded Advaced example solution metiloranzha in water], Materialy V Vserossiyskoy konferentsii «Fizicheskaya elektronika». Makhachkala, IPTs DGU, 2008, pp. 61—64. [In Russ].
12. Kondrat'eva O. E., Korolev I.V, Kukhno A. V., Makal'skiy L. M., Tsekhanovich O. M. Ochistka vody ot zagryaznyayushchikh veshchestv putem ispol'zovaniya lavinostrimernykh razryadov [Water purification from pollutants through the use of lavinostrimernyh bits]. Izvestiya Samarskogo NTs RAN. 2015, vol. 14, no 5(2), pp. 673—677. [In Russ].
13. Kukhno A. V., Makal'skiy L. M., Tsekhanovich O. M. Ochistka vody ot fenol'nykh zagryazneniy lavinostrimernymi razryadami [Water purification from phenolic contaminants lavinostrimernymi bits]. Bioekologicheskoe kraevedenie: mirovye, rossiyskie i regional'nye problemy: materialy 5-y Mezhdunarodnoy nauchno-prakticheskoy konferentsii. December 14, 2016, Samara, Russia. Samara, SGSPU, 2016, pp. 209—215. [In Russ].
14. Kukhno A. V., Makal'skiy L. M., Tsekhanovich O. M. Ochistka mineralizovannykh vod podzemnoy otkachki [Cleaning underground saline water pumping out]. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten'. 2016, no 11, pp. 266—276. [In Russ].
15. Zhitkov A. N. Patent RU 2269124, 2000.